cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotmail error

Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep getting a Hotmail error message on my new Nokia Lumia 925. It was ok when I first had the phone a few weeks ago but it's happening more and more often now where it does not update for hours on end. The message reads:-

Hotmail error

Last updated ?? minutes ago

There is a problem with the certificate for dub-m.hotmail.com. Contact a support person or your service provider.

Last tried ?? minutes ago
Error code: 80048888

Can someone tell me how to solve this please? It's spoiling what is otherwise a brilliant phone as I use my e-mails a lot during the day and most of the time now I'm unable to do so! 

I posted this question on the Windows Phone entral forum and was told to remove and and recreate account, which meant reseting factory settings. I did this and it took an hour to reset factory setting, I lost all my apps, BUT the error STILL appears when I go into my hotmail account. I also lost all the recent updates too including the calls and sms blocking app which I'm really unhappy abput as it means texts from two unwanteds are now able to come through again!!  

Can someone please tell me who is the correct people to contact about this and how do I solve it. It seems to be a common problem with various Nokia Lumias so I cant understand why it's so difficult to reslove. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link, I had tried that but it made no difference as the error message still came up. I think I may have solved it though. I was being connected to BT WIFI instead of my BT Hub while at home. I've changed that and it seems ok so far. Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145401 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27930 Solutions
The only time I've ever had this message is if I didn't have a signal or was not data connected. When you get the next error see if you have network or a wifi connection first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Full signal and wifi connection! 

Message 3 of 8

daydreamer
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Would this be any good http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpemail/windows-phone-8-hotmail-error-message-...  read futher down to the suggestion of hitting sync

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link, I had tried that but it made no difference as the error message still came up. I think I may have solved it though. I was being connected to BT WIFI instead of my BT Hub while at home. I've changed that and it seems ok so far. Thanks 🙂

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 145401 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27930 Solutions

So no data connection then Smiley Frustrated

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes there was connection!! Smiley Indifferent But like I said earlier it was connecting to the BT WIFI and NOT my home hub which made the difference. I could still connect to the internet and my Twitter account but not my Hotmail!! 

Message 8 of 8