cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Bolt On

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Sorry if this is a dull question but cant seean obvious answer. Just started using an existing pay and go sim (calls and texts) in an unlocked Blackberry Curve. I understand I need the Blackberry Bolt on but what does that give you? It says acces to BBM, Email and internet but does it include the cost of browsing etc or does that get charged extra?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
The BBM bolt on gives you access to BlackBerry Internet Services, which you need to access the Internet on your Curve, as well as receive email and use BBM. Your PAYMENT tarrif will include a certain amount of data to be used for Internet and email usage but you need to bolt on to actually use them.

On the plus side, all traffic going through BIS is compressed so you will use A LOT less data than if you were using a different make of phone slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23156 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

You use the internet for browsing.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
The BBM bolt on gives you access to BlackBerry Internet Services, which you need to access the Internet on your Curve, as well as receive email and use BBM. Your PAYMENT tarrif will include a certain amount of data to be used for Internet and email usage but you need to bolt on to actually use them.

On the plus side, all traffic going through BIS is compressed so you will use A LOT less data than if you were using a different make of phone slight_smile
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144671 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
The cost of browsing is included in the allowance you receive when you buy the bolt on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4