Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M9S Android TV Box

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Arrived today.....it wasn't expected until earliest Tuesday on free delivery so well done Amazon !!

I'm guessing Mobdro, although showing in the apps, needs to be updated as it won't load any channels.

What's the best/correct way...D/L to memory stick on computer then upload to M9S or is there a way of D/L direct to M9S ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12117 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions
The spare room is a 20" ish, so sounds as though the lower end would be fine there.
The main bedroom is a 32 and downstairs a 40 something so would definitely need a better one.
Is the M9S a good one? Would it be ok with the larger screen sizes?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 91

gmarkj
  • 12117 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
The one I bought was £50 delivered on Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/M9S-Android-TV-Amlogic-Support-Black/dp/B01DK1I0MK

A few guys at work either have a box or are getting one, and with increasing prices for the TV package I am considering one too.

Would you recommend this as a main device (ie, big screen) or for a smaller TV?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 12 of 91

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
I have Mobdro on my phone, but find it a little pixelated/unclear at times so if the box is the same (or worse on a larger screen) it wouldn't be worth it.
If not too intrusive, what do you use it for if not streaming?

@gmarkj My first box was bought for Spain as we were unable to get all TV channels through Sky. (something to do with changes to satellite signal) People turned to Wifi to get UK TV channels. My box was recommended by someone who lives in Spain. You can imagine why we don't use it for streaming. We are in Spain with better things to do. We just wanted access to UK TV and I wanted to be able to watch F1. It does the job perfectly.

The one we have upstairs in the UK is for my son. He already has Freeview on that so uses it mainly for films sport and music. My eldest does use it fully. To be honest I get tired of hearing what it does from him. I bought it for him so I know it's capabilities....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 91

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Just been looking at that model very impressive specs like the look of the option with the keyboard.

@Beenherebefore let me know how you get on I may well get one payday

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 91

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@gmarkj ........only received yesterday so no comment yet other than it's easy to set up but needs a Mobdro update to 2.0.16 which I'm doing today.

I'm using this on a Samsung 40" 4K flat screen (6000 range) and if OK then I'll buy another to use in Spain.

I'll get back on it's performance once it's updated and tested.

Message 15 of 91

gmarkj
  • 12117 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions
Magic, ta.
If the image is ok on that then should be good for a 1080k Toshiba!!

Message 16 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Would you recommend this as a main device (ie, big screen) or for a smaller TV?

My eldest has it as his main device. He hasn't got Sky and doesn't want or need it..... He has got a big screen TV so the picture quality isn't excellent but he has no real problems with that side of things (apparently)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 91

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
We have the M8+ so can't comment on the M9 but specs are similar, but just an update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

As for the keyboard. Mine had the option of buying it with that......but I find it is far easier to navigate using a mouse.....The only fault is people getting used to it. It isn't Sky. It's an Android Wifi box so change of programme isn't instant ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 91

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Latest Mobdro downloaded and installed......simple process, thanks @Cleoriff

Watching National Geographic HD on a Sky broadband connection running at a sync speed of 10,239kbps with 5.1dB SNR.

It's not HD quality but it's somewhere between  HD and SD.

Looking at other channels there is some blurring when image moves quickly or camera pans quickly but this is not apparent on all channels I've looked at up until now.

With my broadband connection I don't think 4K will be good without a higher speed fibre connection although watching Youtube Costa Rica > 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNJdPyoqt8U using the TV direct connection is stunningly perfect.

I'll revert when I've tested further and perhaps tweaked it a little.

Edit > the current remote has an option to use its mouse, press this and an arrow cursor appears and can be moved using the 4 arrows around the OK button, not sure if that is on yours @Cleoriff @MI5

Message 20 of 91