cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Passport Announcement Thread 24/09/14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Afternoon!

With less that 30 minutes until the launch of the BlackBerry Passport I decided to setup this announcement thread as I'm not expecting an official thread from O2!

Please leave your constructive thoughts here to try and keep this launch info and members thoughts all in one thread. (If possible :smileyhappy: )

Please try to remain On Topic.

You can follow the launch in the BlackBerry Live Stream here: http://live.blackberry.events/

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, O2 wont be stocking the Passport:

“Thanks for your interest in the Blackberry Passport. We have no current plans to stock this device and we apologise for any disappointment this may cause.

Remember you can register for updates here to be notified about any new devices coming to O2 – including the Passport, if it’s something we later decide to range in the future”

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 61 of 73

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

That's disappointing to be honest, it's a flagship phone and I think a bit of an own goal for O2.

Message 62 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

That's disappointing to be honest, it's a flagship phone and I think a bit of an own goal for O2.

Totally agree @jonsie . I fail to understand why they came to this decision? A lot of people appear to love this phone .....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 73

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I can't understand the decision to stock the Amazon Fire yet ignore the many Blackberry users that O2 have built up over the years. Strange business decision that hopefully the people that make these decisions will rethink.

Message 64 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I can't understand the decision to stock the Amazon Fire yet ignore the many Blackberry users that O2 have built up over the years. Strange business decision that hopefully the people that make these decisions will rethink.

I am thinking that the decision to stock the Amazon Fire is purely business...ie Amazon have probably paid O2 a hefty sum to stock it...and you can get it with that 20Gb data plan...Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 65 of 73

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I presume that means O2 have given up on BlackBerry altogether then. They need to have a rethink Crazy

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 66 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

A shame, as my choice of instrument is more important to me than my choice of provider.

Message 67 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just back from holiday and not the news I was wanting to see. Thanks for the update though Toby.

What an absolute joke! 

Is it true that O2 "still partner with BlackBerry and we’ll continue to offer our new and existing customers with BlackBerry devices our full support." as quoted by @Chris_K in this post earlier in the year? Whats happened to all of the Blackberry devices offered by O2 if they still partner?

Chris also stated "We unfortunately can't range them all, but we do use our expertise and insight to select the best devices for our customers, whilst also ensuring they work for us too.". So what was it about this BlackBerry flagship phone that didn't work for O2 customers or O2 themselves? Or was it just because it said "Blackberry" on it?

Laughable, absolutely laughable!

Message 68 of 73

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Looks like Voda are only doing it on Business contracts so SIM free would be the way to go it seems.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 69 of 73

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 70 of 73