Did you mean: 

retrieving a mobile number from a recently closed account

clairep
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having a nightmare.

I recently accidentally closed my O2 mobile account (it was a originally a virgin account used by my son but in my name as i paid the bill).

I accidentally closed this account and mobile number at the beginning of Feb 2024 but my son quickly realised he had data, financial accounts and personal info locked on to the mobile number. We started to try to retrieve and reactivate the mobile number 2 weeks after closing it. Since then I have made at least 8 phonecalls to customer service, some up to 2 hours long. I have also been sent to the O2 store to verify ID but nothing has been successful.  I have been assured the number will be reactivated several times, I have been assured I will receive emails concerning the reconnection, I have been promised several return calls, I have received no contact from O2 in any form.

I lodged a complaint to try and speak to a department outwith customer care regarding the issue but even this did not produce contact from O2. How can i contact someone that can assist? 

There is a time limit when trying to retrieve a mobile number because it is then put back into a general pool and cannot be retrieved, hence my anxiety to reactivate the number /account ASAP.

Can anyone help/advise please as time is running out to retrieve this.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Part of the problem is that once you raise a complaint most customer service agents will be unable (unwilling?) to help due to the complaint flag on the account @clairep 

The anecdotal resolution time for complaints is currently 8 weeks.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@clairep If the experience of the poster in this thread is anything to go by you will probably have an uphill struggle to get your number back: Requesting a specific number back after account de... - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3