cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow - Game of Thrones at Skipton Waterways Festival now !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep its true ..... by way of explanation ..... we have our own beer brewing place just out of town = Copper Dragon Brewery = you may just have imbibed of their award winning Golden Pippin (looks like p*ss & tastes very very dry = not to my taste ..... but I do like to support the town's independent businesses wherever I am able to so I'd have say a 1/2 bitter shandy

Well ..... their narrow boat was opposite a boat which after approaching from the front I could see it was going to be a dragon boat & as Copper Dragon's logo is a wonderful green dragon curled around a large copper vessel = I just assumed they had 2 decorated boats this year ..... I could see that some magnificent large white wings were being put into place but oh, where-oh-where were they going to put the bi-cycle?

Remember, my dear reader, I know nothing much about Game of Thrones other than what I've seen on the tv adverts & on the O2 Community Forum off-topic..... but, as I'm a big Lord of the Rings fan = have since the Hobbit was on my 1st form reading list at grammar school I reckon I'd like it fair enough like 

Is Game of Thrones anything like 'Merlin' which was on BBC1 not that long ago?

The theme for this year's festival imo is a poor one = cycling

Why, 'cos the Tour de France comes to town in July & yep the council is preparing by titivating up the potholes wink

Well, me being me was waiting for some sort of bike to be put upon this truly gorgeous creature/boat & yes it had a throne on its back ..... & me being me has only just realised that it is a throne so I will now do this rofcgu  

I'm trying to remember if it was posted on the Game of Thrones off-topic section that GoT is available in book form = which would suit me better perhaps as I have a vivid imagination & as I choose to cancel SKY tv in Autumntime ..... ..... ..... do you have any festivals where you live? ..... ..... ..... WispaRed7 Mexican Wave

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jane.

Game of Thrones is not like Merlin, no.

It's a medieval style TV Mini Series of several clans of people fighting over land and title.

One Character called Daenerys Targaryen 'The Mother of Dragons' , has three dragons which are growing fast so it is a bit mystical.

It does have a dark magic witch in it too.

The series is also a bit shall we say 'near the knuckle' on its rude content !

It is in book format.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Game_of_Thrones
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning BoB slight_smile

Thank you for the information

Looks to be promising weatherwise for the last day of the festival - hope the weather where you are looks like its going to be a good day & for those off work today 

As for the, shall we say, racy bits on Game of Thrones = I shall flick over the pages quickly

Enjoy your day Cat

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
And Good Morning to you @Anonymous

You're welcome for the info.

It's bright and sunny in Leeds and is promising to be a nice day.

My 5 year old granddaughter is visiting us today so it'll be a fun filled day. slight_smile

Enjoy yours.
Message 4 of 4