cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The verdict: Samsung ordered to pay Apple $119.6M in damages, Apple to Pay $158,400

Anonymous
Not applicable
The verdict: Samsung ordered to pay Apple $119.6M in damages, Apple to Pay $158,400

Ouch ! 😞

Seriously though it's time this stopped IMO ,and they got their heads banged together ! wink

Just imagine what could be achieved if they collaborated slight_smile

Source ; idownloadblog

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/05/02/apple-vs-samsung-trial-verdict-jury-finds-samsung-infringed-...

BBC News.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123186 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ouch ! 😞

Seriously though it's time this stopped IMO ,and they got their heads banged together ! wink

Just imagine what could be achieved if they collaborated slight_smile

Ouch indeed @Anonymous ! How ridiculous when these vast amounts of money and court cases

achieve nothing but media attention. (as its pocket change to these giants.)

However, where would be the fun in collaboration? Certainly on forums where it is always Apple fans v

Samsung?

As a non expert in either...I really enjoy the fights between you lot   LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Lets get one thing clear. The term Samsung fan or Apple fanboy is a media projection. In fact, many of the higher in accolade newspapers favour Apple.for some reason. Apple's intention from an outsiders point of view was more than obvious - drum up obscure patents, find a way to make them legally binding and take out the nearest rival. A case off pure conjecture based on fiscal greed. 

I won't even bother reading the story....

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123186 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

Lets get one thing clear. The term Samsung fan or Apple fanboy is a media projection. In fact, many of the higher in accolade newspapers favour Apple.for some reason. Apple's intention from an outsiders point of view was more than obvious - drum up obscure patents, find a way to make them legally binding and take out the nearest rival. A case off pure conjecture based on fiscal greed. 

I won't even bother reading the story....

As I say @anticpated ....those of us (like me) just enjoy the banter. As I don't understand the long term

rivalry between these two 'giants'. All I have ever known is, yes,...the media hype between those who

like Apple and those who don't... and personally, I am happy to stay at that level of knowledgeLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I think the whole thing is a farce. The only winners are the lawyers. They make HUGE amounts and ultimately WE as consumers end up paying for it.
Message 5 of 10

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
The vanity of others is not for the ridicule of those that don't care.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's nothing to these big companies I do wonder why they keep doing it though
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you recall the last award to Apple from Samsung.

All the rumours They paid in small change. wink
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
The legal bill is likely to be FAR higher and it also means Courts are not available to people who need them.

Perhaps there ought to be a governing body that determines royalty levels to stop this charade?
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The whole litigation system needs a complete overhaul. I find it tiresome and almost laughable at times.

Message 10 of 10