cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech News : Hard-as-nails Panasonic Toughpad FZ-E1 and FZ-X1 tablets unleashed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : Hard-as-nails Panasonic Toughpad FZ-E1 and FZ-X1 tablets unleashed.

Excerpt from the Link "On the hunt for a tablet that’s as tough as old boots? Panasonic may have the solution, unleashing the Toughpad FZ-E1 and FZ-X1 at IFA yesterday, only they’re more phablet sized than full-on tablet! Each one packs a 5-inch display and either Android or WindowsEmbedded 8 for those who need a portable tablet that’s capable of withstanding pretty much anything you can throw at it."

"All this doesn’t come cheap though, as the Android-based Toughpad FZ-X1 price starts at £1024 (excluding VAT), while it rises up to £1056 (excluding VAT) for the Windows-based FZ-E1"

My thoughts :

At £1000+ these will be out of the running for most but for people working in the trade or on building sites etc these could be worth their weight in gold !

Source : The Gadget Show.
Read more here : http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/hard-as-nails-panasonic-toughpad-fz-e1-and-fz...

image.jpg

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

At 5 inch I wouldn't class these as phablet and at the price I can't see them being very good sellers whether you work on a building site or a scrap metal yard. Ugly with it!

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes they wouldn't win a beauty award.

Time will tell if they take off or fade away. slight_smile
Message 3 of 4

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I know their laptops are widely used by service engineers and the like but I can't see these taking off in a similar use case.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 4 of 4