Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, are you all ready for the influx?

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
This morning gg royally screwed up their community by "updating it" and now it's so data and battery intensive as to make it unusable on mobile. Haha, the online only mvno that's unusable from a mobile 😱

Welcome to any ggers that cannot bare the new look!
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 2 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 123171 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Oh dear. I thought for one awful minute you were talking about Black Friday @gindygoo

Then realised that's not till next week Fear

As for giffgaff ...not a customer...so 'I'm alright Jack' LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 36

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Why would they come here anyway?
Message 4 of 36

MI5
  • 144740 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
A dunno what the hell they did, but please @Toby, DO NOT copy the format on here !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 36

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

If we ever do have any plans for mobile improvement/change, I shall be very forthcoming slight_smile

Its really interesting to hear the feedback on the gg community though. What other positives and negatives about it have you noticed?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

It never should have been released without first addressing some of the more obvious deficiencies, and there aren't too many positives that stand out at the moment. Accessing your profile has become somewhat disjointed, and once there you can't readily see any unread posts in discussions that you've already taken part in. It's become a tiresome process of clicking and scrolling through entire threads, just to pick up from where you'd left off.

I haven't checked how it looks on mobile yet, but it's a bit of a mess on the desktop version, and is clearly designed by people who don't need to use it on a regular basis. I'm sure it'll have a major impact on the Help & Support section, and could see some helpers calling it a day.

Message 7 of 36

MI5
  • 144740 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
I certainly logged on this morning and thought fgs and went and logged on elsewhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did find this post amusing, and it pretty much sums up my own feelings  Smiley Very Happy

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/The-New-Look/m-p/19599359#M479907

Message 9 of 36

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I believe you have a toe in the giffgaff camp @Toby or am I completely wrong here?

Message 10 of 36