cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing up the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus to the competition

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus stack up against the giants of Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone? Sadly there is no Sony in this comparison...

http://www.imore.com/sizing-iphone-6-and-iphone-6-plus-competition

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice link papadug

Specs do play an important part when choosing a device ,however we all know when street testing them then that's makes us buy or not. And aesthetics. wink

I won't buy unless it performs no matter what the published specs are.

I'm really happy at the bigger screens personally for my wants and needs. slight_smile
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I have no problems in people choosing a phone for the capability, looks and suitability. I do have a problem with people opting for a phone because it's a fashion accessory and for bragging rights.

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I totally agree jonsie

I know we have our banter here but an apple logo means nothing to me.

Now that moving content across to other platforms is so easy and sim swapping etc theirs nothing stopping a person ie saying their stuck in a particular Eco system !

Apples customer support and service are the best in the sector but that's one of the reasons one pays a premium price to own one.
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 145102 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
I still prefer a 2 yr warranty slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure you do which is a good warranty if the issue meets the T&C and criteria ,and your ok with sending off the whole unit.

I know apple currently sell Apple Care + but that's expensive right now.

Ive also talked to people and have actually seen an apple genius still deal with Apple products way out of the one Year ,but at least you have the comfort blanket of the 2 years stipulated in the warranty clause.
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 145102 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Never had an issue refused, even after 23 months in use....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's great.

I can only go from what we see here where people have been ,and then it's an uphill struggle to go through the manufacturers or networks complaint process. Soga etc etc.
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 145102 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Yep, usually with Apple because no one will warrant a 15 month old phone on a 2 year contract that's gone faulty.....

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 11

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Good to see the 1520 holding its own. However I have always said one thing I really love about Apple is their CS and how easy it is to deal with phone problems in store. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 10 of 11