Did you mean: 

START OF BST- CLOCKS FORWARD

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Good morning all.

A reminder that tonight before bed (Or officially 2 am Sunday) is the start of BST and time to put your

clocks FORWARD one hour.

This means 1 hr less in bed 😂

However, it also means lighter nights. 😎🤗

clocks fwd 24.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25229 Posts
  • 819 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff for reminder. xx

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 12

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36533 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1624 Solutions

So the thief of time sneaks in, during the ungodly wee small hours, to steal 60 precious minutes of our slumber again. Pffttt!

Then he chucks it back at you in October, without interest of course! What makes him immune from RPI rates, eh? This year it should be an additional 5mins and 28secs returned next Fall, on top of the 60 he is about to nick at 2am tomorrow morning! In fact, with compounded interest for the 30 weeks of BST, that's, well, nearly a whole 37minutes the Thief of Time should owe, come October.

Yes, think about that, as you slide the clocks forward an hour tonight...

Message 3 of 12

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6807 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

T1000008632.jpg

Took this last October, I'm out today putting them back. It's quite a bind twice a year 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

So the thief of time sneaks in, during the ungodly wee small hours, to steal 60 precious minutes of our slumber again. Pffttt!

Then he chucks it back at you in October, without interest of course! What makes him immune from RPI rates, eh? This year it should be an additional 5mins and 28secs returned next Fall, on top of the 60 he is about to nick at 2am tomorrow morning! In fact, with compounded interest for the 30 weeks of BST, that's, well, nearly a whole 37minutes the Thief of Time should owe, come October.

Yes, think about that, as you slide the clocks forward an hour tonight...

Oh dear @pgn 😂

I'd far rather the clocks 'Spring Forward' bringing lighter nights and hopefully warmer days. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

T1000008632.jpg

Took this last October, I'm out today putting them back. It's quite a bind twice a year 

Just brilliant @Enlli 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

I suppose most people know about the clocks but I got into the habit of letting my grandsons football coaches know.

It was a local team but after being caught out twice by:

1) Missing the match by arriving an hour late.....and

2) Arriving an hour too early in the winter and spending wasted time warming up...

I became the official clock watcher, reminding all parents and coaches at Saturday training 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Not forgetting my required night shift allocation when I was working as a nurse.

Never once did I benefit from clocks going forward! Oh no...I always got the clocks going back regime.

Anyone who works nights will know, the deadliest hours are between 3-4am.

Imagine the horror of seeing wall clocks reach 3am and know it's 2am and we have to go through all that again..

I wouldn't mind but clock movement never had the slightest effect on elderly patients.

5 am their bells would buzz asking where the early morning cup of tea was. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6807 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

From an age when we just delt with quaters and halves. Now it's down to wanting to know to the nearest second

1000008633.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 12

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10798 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 349 Solutions

Good 👍 

Thanks for the update @Cleoriff 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 10 of 12