Did you mean: 

Nintendo Switch & Retro gaming

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Wave

Something cool is coming from Nintendo in March 2017...

Nintendo Switch. Interested?

Preview trailer:

More info

Switch.jpg

Photo from the Nintendo Switch website.

I really like the little controllers that detach from it. grin Not sure about the latest Nintendo games themselves though... What do you guys think?

However, there's also another new thing from Nintendo that I am actually even more excited about...

Nintendo Classic Mini!

• Miniaturised version of NES!!
  • Plug into your TV, pick up the controller and you can play the old NES games in high definition at 60 Hz
  • It comes with 30(!) pre-installed games

Trailer:

If I still had a wish list for Christmas presents like I used to have as a kid, this would be on it ASAP. grin

bowser.png

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Not interested personally but I'm sure many will be though I thought X-Box was the gamers' choice these days?

Message 2 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

You didn't play NES earlier, @jonsie? I can't wait to get back to Super Mario myself. I was super good at it. Dance

I confess I've never owned an X-Box console...

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

It's X Box in our extended family ....though PS4 seems to be more popular nowadays?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Think I'll go for a Switch as it looks perfect for holidays and moving between rooms without the bulk and hopefully without the noisy fans! If they can backport some of the Wii/U games then its a winner. 

I have an Xbox360 but barely touch it due to other things. Then again I've only got a couple of games for it as bascially its all 1st person shooters and driving games which the former I hate and the latter, well I drive on the M6/M42/M25 so driving games are a poor comparison. Maybe there's a market for M25 parking simulator...

Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:
Maybe there's a market for M25 parking simulator...

Fantastic

Message 6 of 6