cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Samsung Galaxy S2 incident.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Seven-year-old requires surgery after Samsung Galaxy S2 EXPLODES in her pocket. "

Whilst I fully sympathise with the girl and family as the injury sounds horrific , I'm still left wondering why a 7yr old would require a smartphone and while playing in the garden.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/472415/Seven-year-old-requires-surgery-after-Samsung-Galaxy-S2-E...
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Most likely a cheap battery off eBay 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would a bulging battery scenario cause this incident ?
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Not heard of any s2`s having that issue with genuine batteries.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the bulging batteries are only on the s4
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair enough.

Just a thought.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Damien1 - tell me more.  As a new S4 owner need I be concerned about the possibility of a bulging battery?

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Dodgy batch of batteries early on in production run.... Should be mostly all sorted by now.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
As said should be ok now but take your battery out and lay it on the table does it sit flat or rock when you push it it's supposed to sit flat sometimes you can physically see the battery has swollen as well
Message 10 of 13