Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEWS: "GiffGaff to scrap most of its unlimited data bundles"

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I am a member of GiffGaff but I don't use that sim any more, just keep it handy. I loved the reward system and the unlimited data but now things are changing. What are you thoughts?

"The new allowances, which include a 3GB or 5GB limit on GiffGaff's £12 or £15 bundles respectively, will come into force from September 24th, alongside new throttling measures (which include dropping speeds to 300Kbps at peak times) for those who remain on its unlimited tariffs"

Source

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
It's the only way they can control the congestion that the whole of the O2 network is suffering from so no real surprise.... It had been rumoured for some time now.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There has been a lot of people complaining about slow data speeds, this is obviously designed to help the congestion. There will be a lot of people upset with this but I'm afraid it was inevitable.

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
A sign of the times and maybe this could have a positive knock on effect for O2 users.
Message 4 of 13

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I'm glad I moved to O2 a while ago now. Mainly as i can tether my data and refresh my contract. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It's what suites your wants and needs.

I suffered lag using data on Giffgaff
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

Surprisingly my giffgaff sim will respond to data requests in my Town where the O2 sim flatly refuses to transmit or receive any data :(
Areas will always vary depending on the number of customers and loading of cell tower and the general complaints on the giffgaff forum are as widespread as the complaints we see here.
It just re-enforces the fact the the infrastructure can't cope currently......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
or suicidal !!!

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think thats. Good think unlimited data is ending alot of ppl would dissagree but i used 2 b one of them untill i relised whats the point if having unlimited when it dont work properly lol
Plus the only time i use data is when im outside or usually ive learnt to use my home wifi...
So just its good that O2 should have more data packages like
10gb or 12gb
For big data users but ive learnt to stick with my 5gb data
Message 10 of 13