cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media: Celebrity Hacking Leak Reinforces BlackBerry’s Security Leadership

Anonymous
Not applicable

As the iCloud hacking story continues to unfold, experts are finding it hard to talk about strong mobile security without bringing the corporate embodiment of it into the discussion.

“One tech name popping back on the radar is BlackBerry, which still has one of the best enterprise security systems out there,” stated Fox Business anchor, Liz Claman.

“BlackBerry is the anti-Apple,” declared CNNMoney’s Paul R. LaMonica. “BlackBerry is widely acknowledged by many tech experts to have one of the most secure mobile platforms…now that Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities are dealing with the PR nightmare of their nude photos circulating around the Internet due to a hack of their iCloud accounts, it’s possible that the company could win new customers … or, at the very least, regain some of the ones it has lost.”

"One thing’s for sure – people are now thinking about mobile security more than they were last week.

If you want mobile security, you want BlackBerry."

I'm not really sure what value this advertising post by BlackBerry has as they don't provide a Cloud storage solution! But it just shows that this has put mobile security back in the media spotlight in the US, and everyone knows that Blackberry is the most secure mobile OS and hardware manufacturer wink

Source: http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/09/media-celebrity-hacking-leak-reinforces-blackberrys-security-lea...

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does Blackberry really think the recent events will earn them new customers ?

People will just be more savvy on how they store info and where !

Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145570 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27962 Solutions
What it does highlight is that regardless of all the fuss about "Sandboxing", Apple security is no different to any other device, potentially.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would expect so, and evidently so does the media in the States!

It boils down to trust. How many people still trust Apple with their information after all of this?

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree MI5.

I'd love to be able to use a SD card slot for example and not either buy into a bigger capacity or use Dropbox. Saying that I still have 8Gb of available memory on my 16gb iPhone.

Every OS has it's vulnerability as we know and these clever so and so's can hack anything.

The point I see is it's up to the user to take note of what is stored where and what is stored in the first place.
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Time will tell papadug

Apple don't hold documents and files in their iCloud only pictures so people will look at what they do store. Possibly DropBox as one example will see more uptake ?
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 145570 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27962 Solutions
Maybe Apple will see sense and finally offer an SD card option.......?
After all, your own SD card has to be more secure that sending data to a cloud somewhere??
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
As long as people take adequate precaution. Wasn't their a Trojan talked about that can infect and steal the Sd card data.
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 145570 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27962 Solutions
Honestly, I have never heard of any mobile phone getting infected with any kind of virus.......?

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I would rather trust the phone and sd card rather than any cloud based storage. The only problem is loss or theft of the phone. As ever, awareness and care is the key.

Message 10 of 12