Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google play freebie.

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Just got a notification of a free hd copy of gravity, keep an eye out for an email if interested.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please read the t&c's. I got sent an offer of a movie from Google Play Store but from memory it was only free for so long and then there was a charge.

It wasn't free for ever.
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @viridis , will keep an eye out and thanks to you too Nick, good to know about the charge.

Message 3 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144505 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
No wonder they giving it away for free !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Wasn't this available from November/December 2014 for a limited time.... (or was it delayed for some reason...?)

http://slickdeals.net/f/7350692-check-email-google-play-is-giving-the-movie-gravity-in-hd-for-free

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I couldn't remember which film but i was certainly sent an email from Google play
Message 6 of 18

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Please read the t&c's. I got sent an offer of a movie from Google Play Store but from memory it was only free for so long and then there was a charge.

It wasn't free for ever.

I believe that may have been Sherlock Holmes as I had the same offer.

Quoting Google "Get your complimentary copy of Sherlock Holmes to enjoy over the Christmas period*. " It now costs £2.49

That did give a definite time period.

The Gravity offer is this

"Experience the heart-pounding thriller Gravity — it’s the perfect way to start your movie collection on Google Play. To get your copy, click “Redeem now” before Jan. 30*."

I'll let you decide what Google is actually saying!

#siwy
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 probably because the films naff ha ha, the only thing good about it is the gravity/Superman IV mashup you can find on YouTube
Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@MI5 probably because the films naff ha ha, the only thing good about it is the gravity/Superman IV mashup you can find on YouTube

I have never seen it Rob...Opinion seems divided though if you look at the reviews wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I started watching it then fell asleep & that was on the plane to New Zealand
Message 10 of 18