Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easter Memories

RunrigForever
Level 19: Quirky
  • 2196 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Earliest memory would be a milk chocolate egg with my name iced on it from when mum worked at a Thornton's Chocolate Kabin in Leeds. A Cadbury's Creme Egg was allowed too ..... The Monarch distributing Maunday money today which is known at part of Holy Week's traditions as Maunday Thursday.  I wonder if King Charles 111 will be on tv today continuing the custom ?

Easter holidays from school for two weeks. As kids we loved that. Our dad was home more during the Bank Holiday Weekend. Dad enjoyed what he called 'spice' meaning sweets particularly Bluebird Toffee, however I digress. Sometimes we would travel down to the West Midlands to visit my mum's parents. Always a happy time.

Mum would cook a fillet of lamb for Easter Sunday with her yummy roast potatoes sizzling in the fat around the joint of meat. I can remember looking in a cookbook seeing Simnel Cake with almond past on the top and 12 balls simulating the 12 disciples in Christian faith.

Nowadays activities for children are centred on the town hall. I will have a bunch of daffodils on the kitchen windowsill ..... have already enjoyed three Cadbury Creme Eggs, but intend to treat myself to more or similar for the weekend. I used to send out a small number of greeting cards, but the habit has declined in recent years. Maybe a few emails / texts with a picture.

However you spend Easter-time I hope you enjoy yourself and the weather is kind to us all xx 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

A very nice snap shot of a Great time at Easter 🐣   @RunrigForever 

I do like the name on an Easter egg, you were so lucky your Mum worked at Thorntons especially at Easter.

Thank you for the memories.

Happy Easter 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

A lovely look back at Easter when you were a child @RunrigForever 

I have never had an Easter Egg with my name on but I do remember getting lots of other chocolate eggs.

Always lamb for Easter Sunday lunch as well as great roasties. Mum would always bake an apple pie although we usually had that at teatime.

Thanks for your memories.

Happy Easter to you and your family.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

RunrigForever
  • 2196 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TallTrees and @Cleoriff 

Wishing you both and everyone the forum a Happy Easter-time xx 🐣 

***DESORMAIS***