Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM service issues

Averyan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been using eSIM on iPhone 15 pro max for a couple months no problems. Since yesterday I have had no service.

I tried the troubleshooting ( turn off and on, airplane mode, reset network settings) to no avail.

I then deleted eSIM and requested new one. I couldn’t complete this as the security code was texted to me and I couldn’t access it. The option to install appeared on the app and I followed this and eSIM showed “activating “ for a while but then I received a notification that eSIM could not be activated. I am now at a loss and hope one of you fine people can help  me thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145064 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Averyan 

Just start with customer service.

If they can't sport it, they should escalate it to the relevant dept.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 145064 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Averyan 

Sounds like you need to go in store with photo ID or contact O2 by using Skype Guide: A Guide to Skype 

It may have been a network or phone fault that caused the issue so check the help here Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

Averyan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi mate cheers for the reply.

I went to store and new sim tried which worked on other phones not mine so was sent to apple.

Apple advised phone IMEI is blacklisted. I bought the phone brand new on contract from o2. Found out it was turned on and registered 5 weeks before I bought it.
It did have a pre loaded eSIM on the phone when I turned it on I thought I’d made a mistake and just added my own and deleted that one.

I was advised it looks as though someone bought the phone from o2 , claimed insurance then returned phone to o2 and cancelled the contract and then they have sold it on as brand new.

I double checked my paperwork and I did but brand new and it the box was all sealed etc so I’m a bit confused by this. I’ve to contact customer services tomorrow to ask them to unblock it.

Any advice re this, what department to speak to etc?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 145064 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Averyan 

Just start with customer service.

If they can't sport it, they should escalate it to the relevant dept.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 4