Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

third class mail used by O2

Europlastics
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unbelievable , since i posted yesterday about being disconnected when my account is in credit . i now find a letter was sent to me dated 6th December , threatening to disconnect within 7 working days if i did not send payment - which by the way is not due till 31.12.2023. Not only was this incompetent , but sending it via 3rd class snailmail -  ie by TNT to start with , virtually ensures it could not be delivered within the 7 days stipulated. As it so happens this was not delivered till 15th December.  For a so called telecommunications company to send snailmail via 3rd party mail service , and not to text , email or call ( or even 1st class mail) seems either deliberate , or incompetent. In any event O2 can see i am always traveling ( by the origin of my calls) and so in any event may not have been received for weeks , not days.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10194 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Europlastics 

Their is a legal reason they need to send it by post, and not be email etc..  The last mile is still by Royal Fail, so your local post is to blame, as I get mail from o2 via TNT quickly...  There is no such thing really as 1st class post, its just post... 

Whether you are travelling or not has bod all to do with these notices been sent... 

The best advice is to pick up the phone and call o2 on 0800 902 0217 as no one from o2 will see your message or help you from here..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @Europlastics 

So sorry to hear your difficulties and awful experiences.   I expect you will handle the situation as you are making statements not asking for assistance and to be honest the o2 Community can't help only point you in the direction of the o2 customer service or payment management which is not really appropriate now or useful.

No doubt you will take appropriate action. 

Hope all eventually works out, best wishes. 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35993 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Europlastics Just noticed your other post in business section, about gormless accountants... If you have a business account, you will also have a different number to call O2 on

About your O2 Business account or Billing

Calling and travelling abroad

Got a question about calling abroad from the UK, or are you travelling overseas and have a query about using your device? If so take a look at our calling and travelling abroad help section.

Otherwise, get in touch using the numbers below.

Telephone numbers and contact hours

Business Customer Service Number Charges

From your O2 mobile8222Free
From a landline0800 977 7337Free
From abroad+44 808 100 4439Free

Opening times

Monday - Friday08.00 - 20.00
Saturday & Sunday09.00 - 17.00
Bank Holidays09.00 - 17.00

If you're managed by a local partner please contact your partner

Limited service outside of these hours is available if you have lost or had your mobile phone stolen, or if you have a fault on your O2 landline.
Calls from abroad are free from an O2 Business mobile, other providers' charges may vary.

Message 4 of 7

Europlastics
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your response . 20 years a customer of O2 and this has had to endure a shouting match this morning , still with complete lack of proper answers. The legal bit i understand but as it was not registered mail it would have little legal effect. SURELY it is not beyond the whit of man ( O2) that they could send whatever paperwork they want , but contact their customer by the usual TELECOMUNICATIONS route  as well !! O2 not looking at community blog , means they couldn't care less ...... but seems par for the course slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

Europlastics
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply . Over the phone this day , they have acknowledged i am in credit and reinstated grudgingly my service . No further payments due till 31st December. All it needs now is for them to blame a computer,( forgetting of course it is their staff who program the computer in the first place )

Message 6 of 7

Europlastics
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for taking the time to reply . Not resolved , but at least they have reconnected my service .  telling me they will sort an explanation and contact me soon ... whatever that means .

Message 7 of 7