cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor service at o2 bolton

Anonymous
Not applicable
on 3rd jan i upgraded with the same tarriff as previous. got a bill today with £25 call charges which they have deducted from my bank. this will make me go overdrawn and its also cost me the £25. i phoned o2 online and they told me to contact the shop. phoned the shop who told me to phone 202. they told me the shop needs to sort problem out. rang shop again who told me to go in with ID. when i got there, they told me my o2-o2 bolt on had been cancelled as its now only available to online customers. i asked why i hadnt been told and ended up in a full blown argument with ####, supposed manager. in the end i told them to cancel my contract, ive been with o2 for about 10 years and dont expect to be treated this way. they wouldnt let me cancel the contract as it was 3 weeks old and too late!!!! i then called customer serviced and complained about the rudeness of the manager and told them their customer care was ####. they put the bolt on back on my phone in the end and credited my account. that wont help at the bank though when i go overdrawn and incur £35 in bank charges. i wont be upgrading on o2 again, nor will my partner or daughter or my 3 friends who's phones are on my account. very poor service o2, shame on you. 😞
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 don't post here, just us customers.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The bill is created two weeks before any money is taken from the bank so you could have got this sorted without any charges. There's no excuse for the mistake that was made, or the advice that was not given, it was downright wrong.But surely its in your own interest to check the bill beforehand.
It might be worth pointing out to o2 that this unforeseen charge has caused you to go overdrawn and incur bank charges. Normally they would say tough, but in adding a credit and the bolt on, they have accepted responsibility and so may credit the charges too. It usually requires you to fax in a copy of the letter from the bank that details the charges, but an o2 store will take of that for you.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The bill is created two weeks before any money is taken from the bank so you could have got this sorted without any charges. There's no excuse for the mistake that was made, or the advice that was not given, it was downright wrong.But surely its in your own interest to check the bill beforehand.

And also read the contract that they ask you to sign because it clearly lists all the tariff details on there as well.
Message 4 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I hope you feel better now, I have flagged your post because it seems unfair that you can publish a staff members name here, while you're hiding behind a user name! 😐
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
well, i am not afraid to add my name. it is Kathryn Hamblet.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you really like Ozzy Osbourne that much?
Message 7 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Just follow the correct complaints procedure if you are still unhapp.
1 Cusomer services
2 Complaints review service
3 Regulator
All info in the support section search complain http://tinyurl.com/yb3dc9g
As these are only customer to customer forums better resolving your issue in an official way
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 8