cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor customer retention

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently phoned up O2 to explain I am thinking of leaving as there is a cheaper deal elsewhere and they refused to match it and gave me my PAK code and sent me on my way without a 'fight'. I have been a customer since BT cellnet and think this customer retention is appalling, they are only interested in accumulating new customers. The most annyoing thing is I have a friend in the buisness who states retention deals like this can be done when matching competitiors. Has this happened to anyone else? what are your thought?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ithink 02's business plan is better described as a "death wish".  Try have not reaslised the differentiator between cellular calls is customer service.

Message 11 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Eh?
Message 12 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144385 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Mate, you are not making any sense at all.
You are complaining about been charged for a call you admit you made and now just waffling on. If you are unhappy, raise an official complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain but due to the nature of your issue, we are unable to help you here. Sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 17

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I don't understand the problem here. You called a number outside those covered by your allowance of your own free will and then wantto compplain that you've been charged. Every company charges for 118 118 thoough some have their own directory service which may or may not be included in calls. Any further connection would be charged either way as that is how these Directory companies make theirmoney.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 14 of 17

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

The astronomical cost of using 118 118 must be the worst kept secret in the world. I can't believe they are still existing. It's that company you should be berating not O2. Sheesh!

Message 15 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Hang on, 118118 are refunding you nearly all the charges anyway. What do you want o2 to do? The same so you end up getting paid for making calls?
Message 16 of 17

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Makes no sense at all to me complaining about the network when the OP freely admits to incurring these charges voluntarily.

Message 17 of 17