cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple accounts on o2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all..

I've been an o2 customer for years, the past year or so I keep having multiple accounts linked to my o2 account with different user names etc and I haven't made them, I deleted a load a couple of months ago and thought I was finally back to just my one original account, but logging in today I see there are more user accounts again linked to my mobile and one even has a different mobile number.. I have kept the same number each time I change my phone so I have no idea how that account has been linked to mine. I can't find the settings to delete the random linked accounts mine now. only to unlink them, but that means my details are still stored in random places doesn't it??

I wouldn't have known about these if I had't forgot my username and password and had to submit my mobile number..

Why do I keep getting various usernames linked to my mobile? How do I delete them? and stop them from coming back

Ohhh I'm so confused :robotindifferent:
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very puzzling. Can you explain where you are seeing this list of usernames? (i.e. How do you know that there are all these accounts linked to you?)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
when i clicked forgot username and password and had to enter my mobile number for a code.. then it came up with a list of usernames linked to my mobile..
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's where I'm confused. Because you say one of them has a different mobile number.
Also you mention My O2, are you logging into these accounts? If so how are you getting past the security questions?
I'm trying to get my head around what is happening and what the problem is. Can you just describe, in order, exactly what you do?
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok.. I clicked forgot username and password on my o2, i had to put in my mobile number and a code was sent to me, when I put the code in it then says there are multiple accounts linked to that number, the security question is always the same, so I carried on and logged into one and went on linked accounts, and that was where I seen that there was also another mobile number linked to my account... I no its proper confusing me 😕
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, I think what you are saying is that when you get reminded of your username a box appears on screen into which you enter the verification code which is sent to your handset.
This enables you to log into My O2 and see which accounts are liked together.
Its strange because to set-up an account they would need access to your handset. And for the one with a different number, they would need your existing log in details to do the linking.
I think there are two possibilities. Number one is that someone has access to your handset and computer, perhaps family/friend/flatmate etc.
The other option is that your account details are corrupted.
I think you need to contact O2, with a full, clear, description of what happens. Also make sure you don't leave your handset lying around and don't leave yourself logged in to your O2 account (just in case).
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.. i did think that was maybe the case, but its just me and my children at home there's no chance of any one having access to both, my phone is constantly attached to me as well anyway lol.. and I always log out.. Thank you slight_smile will be on the phone to o2 :)Thank you again for your help slight_smile
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck with it.
Message 8 of 8