Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 Rumours

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I read this article today and was interested in the rumoured new design for Apple's iPhone 6

(It is only the patent application...and as it is only a rumour, that is my rationale for posting in Discussions

iPhone 6 patent.jpg

"Suggestions of a curved display also appeared in an Apple patent filed by the US Patent and Trademark Office last year. The patent speculated the possibility of an iDevice with a wraparound AMOLED screen, which could be unrolled or unfolded. Facial recognition, gesture control and a layered screen for 3D were also mentioned in the patent. Plus, the company is also said to have taken out a number of patents on a Smart Bezel, meaning the area around the screen could display information."

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/127049-apple-iphone-6-release-date-rumours-and-everything-you-need-t...

The iPhone 6 is due for release later this year

Source: Pocket-Lint April 2014

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Cleoriff

Well you have my full attention.

I'm drooling over the curved aspect of this rumour.

Something that also came up before the iPhone 5s and 5c were released.

I'd like to see the edge to edge display design. Ie No Bezel that has also come up in speculation.

So now your taking an interest in the iPhone 6 are we going to see you join the Dark Side ? Or do you still favour the flavour of Samsung / Android wink
Message 2 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

'Taking an interest' you say?? Smiley Surprised

Now I wouldn't go that far @Anonymous .I am interested because I read a lot about new releases now

(oh just hark at me!)...

and this popped up...and I thought it may grab the interest of all you folk 'on the Dark Side' wink

So I am afraid I wouldn't dream of joining you...*Sniffs*

(I am only just working out the ins and outs of my poor underused S3)

I think I will be going for the Note 3 next...Not sure how much new info my brain is capable of...

LOLLOLLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I generally like the look of iPhones and I don't think you can beat the build quality but that just looks horrible to me why would you want the apps and screen curved round like that
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm now your interest has been caught @Cleoriff we'll see.

You under estimate the power of the dark side. wink

I await with bated breath for the next Gen of iPhone. slight_smile

You still have my kudo tho. No pressure.

I would have thought maybe the Galaxy S4 or S5 would have been your next move ,but I agree the Note 3 is an awesome device.
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the owner of a note 3 I can tell you it is awesome it's so fast and the screen is great for just about everything
Message 6 of 21

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
I'm undecided whether to go for the Note 3 now or wait for the Note 4 when I get back from the next Thai trip.
Message 7 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I gave you a kudo @Anonymous to show I am happy with your post...even though you 'dare' to suggest

that I would be joining the you on the 'Dark Side' wink

@jonsieI did think about the Note 4 but if honest I am far happier with something that has been tried and 

tested...(so if/when I have my multiple queries.. someone will be 'at the ready' with help and adviceLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

PS...and of course the screen size is a factor which is why the Note 3 as opposed to the S4 or S5 Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I genuinely like the Note 3 and it's screen however for my line of work it just wouldn't work.

I also like a handset I can both hold and navigate around with one hand.
Message 10 of 21