cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get my ipad sim activated?

Anonymous
Not applicable
bought my ipad today... now i want to sign up for a tariff so i can use it... i've searched everywhere but no real help on what to do... if i'm being thick, sorry... but would love some help
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's an app on the device that will let you activate it.
Message 2 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I believe syncing it with iTunes will do it as here:

http://freesim.o2.co.uk/sKTLPi92
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Syncing with iTunes is only to sync your stuff over, it won't activate the sim. Sim activation is done within the O2 app on the device.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for all the advice... really appreciated

the solution was to re-sync the ipad with my mac, then to turn off the wi-fi, and try and connect to the net... this brought up a 'do you want to activate an o2 account' box, which, eventually, allowed me to sign up for an account...
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys, I got my free sim today. I've done the sync under iTunes (PC Version 9.2). On the IPad I look under settings>general>about and I see the O2 mobile number and ICCID. Also he Settings>Carrier is O2 - UK. However, when I go Settings>Cellular Data>View Account I get a message Connection Failed, "The connection to the server was lost. Please try again later." As a result I cannot add any create to the sim and I therefore cannot browse. The APN Settings are "ibrowse.o2.co.uk" with user name of "browse" and password of "password"

Any ideas?
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having the same problems - have done the sync but no option to sign up to O2 comes up at all. Looked in my settings as well and can't find anything! The help stops at 6 on a sunday as well so if anyone can help would be greatly appreciated! 😐
Message 7 of 7