cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dont like my phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
im on a 24 month contract,started in nov '10, and im not happy with my phone (htc hd7) and i want to change it. ive been an o2 customer for 4+ years and i dont want to be stuck with a phone i do not want or like please help
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Your only option is to sell the phone and use the proceeds towards a sim free model. You aren't tied to keep the phone for the duration of the contract just have to keep paying the monthly tariff as you are contractually obliged to do.
But you've had the phone for a good six months now and now you don't like it? Please do tell....
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You don't have to be stuck with the phone if you don't want it, you can use your sim in any phone. That's just the phone that O2 subsidised for you as the sweetener at the start of your contract, but it's your possession, you can sell it and buy a different one if you wish.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
i read all reviews on the wp7 it seamed to be all dancing all singing phone now ive had it 6 months its not lived up to the hype, had problems with it ie, picture msg not working, apps not working, randomly switches off, maybe i should give micro$oft a ring ? all i want to do is swop my phone for another
Message 4 of 10

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Sounds like a typical HTC product then grin
I'm interested in WP7 but hanging on till either my XDA Zest breaks down completely or when Nokia produce their offerings later this year. Mind you, the recent Mango update when it arrives did look promising (yet still no local sync option :mansurprised: )
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
i read all reviews on the wp7 it seamed to be all dancing all singing phone now ive had it 6 months its not lived up to the hype, had problems with it ie, picture msg not working, apps not working, randomly switches off, maybe i should give micro$oft a ring ? all i want to do is swop my phone for another

When you do sell it, don't put this in the ad. wink
If you are asking if O2 will swap it for you, the answer is no, not after 6 months. It would have to have been sent for repair three times before it can be deemed unfit for purpose, and then you would get the same phone again unless a manager authorises a change, given how long all that could take, maybe have it reflashed to see if that cures it before selling it.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@taylorkevin38: What version of the OS do you have? Tap Settings > About > More Information. The original version was 7.0.7004.0. There's been 3 updates, bringing it up to 7.0.7392.0. I, like you did suffer somewhat with random reboots and Marketplace crashes. Not really had any third-party apps going haywire but anyway after updating to the 'NoDo' version (7390), I've not had any of the early problems. Picture messaging has always worked for me. You must have your Data connection switched on (regardless of WiFi connectivity). Tap Settings > Mobile Network > switch on Data Connection. You can only send one image at a time and it only supports certain types of images.
On a more general note, as already mentioned, there’s a much, much bigger update coming in the autumn (codenamed 'Mango') which will bring some massive improvements a vast collection of additional features, to bring the phone up-to-par with similar offerings from IOS and Android.
I sympathise with you that the pace of updates has been slow. We were promised or at least, were sold the impression that MS could deliver updates quickly OTA, effectively bypassing the carriers and to maintain the momentum of the platform since it would be playing catch-up with the other major players from day one. What we got was a beautiful new and innovative phone that had a distinctly different approach from the regular icon menu driven phones but it was half-baked in many respects and lacked many features already present in most ‘dumb’ phones today.
But worry not, the features and improvements are coming and, if Microsoft (and in turn, o2) can deliver them on time, you should see good things before the 1st anniversary of your contract. You still have a unique device that I believe is way ahead of the competition in the way it integrates services, actions and tasks and seamlessly presents information on the go but you have to take a step back from what it lacks in order to appreciate it.
I will admit that although I still coo over my HD7, it's difficult to talk up the phone to my friends when they show me what standard features it doesn't have. Still, I can always bring out the big guns – built-in Office and XBox integration and that usually shuts them up for a while.
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
no disrespect but what r u wanting o2 to do ?? another free fone they (o2) have paid £000s out to buy u this phone and now after 7 months u want another 1 for free
do reviews on your upgrade , its your fault mate
i have the inlaw sms all the time now as she is doing a upgrade and doing major reviews , sorry pal but if o2 gave u another free upgrade and then 7 months time u say ahh i dont like this new 1 i wana another new 1 at 4-500 quid a go
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you think there is an actual fault with the handset then take it to an o2 store to be sent away. If the phone is sent off more than 3 times (i.e. the 4th time you take it in to be sent off) then you can ask to be given an alternative. However, this is usually a refurbished handset and you're only given a small choice.
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
have a look into changing the operating system to android, not sure if it possible on yours, I did it with my htc hd2after gettin fed up with crappy windows mobile and havent lookedback since, has given it a new lease of life slight_smile
Message 10 of 10