cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

armed forces discount

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone new here so b nice 😛 anyone know if o2 offer a monthly discount on bill? Am thinking kf getting the s5 on the £48 a month plan. i have seen online o2 do a one off payment to your account but only really want a monthly discount like orange/ee and vodafone offer.
Thanks
Tom
Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I popped into my local O2 store two days ago to negotiate my upgrade and had a few queries on discounts.

The assistant manager informed me that Armed Forces members were entitled to an automatic 30% discount (but only to the airtime part of the Refresh plan) on providing proof of being in the Forces. - He also said the same stood for employees of certain organisations.

So I'd recommend popping into your local O2 store or as mentioned above, try calling customer services to get confirmation direct from O2.

🙂
Message 9 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I don't believe so.

Their was one but that ended in 2012.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/armed-forces-promotion

Have you asked Cs.
Message 2 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi thank you are your fast reply.
Im not an o2 customer yet am on orange but really thinking of moving over if they offer the discount. i like the o2 refresh looks and sounds cool.
do you have an email address for customer service please or do customer service look at the posts in the form?
Thanks Again
Tom
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that post Jonsie. i just put some details in and it comes up with 30% off o2 refresh plans is that 30% a month or year do you know because it dont say.
Thanks
Tom
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

No e mail address.

Here are the contact links

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

With refresh you pay so much for the airtime and so muchy for the phone. You get 30% off the airtime tariff every month for the length of the contract (24 months)

To safeguard yourself, I would make sure that you get good coverage with O2 in your usual location, although as a member of the armed forces I can see that being a little difficult.

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I popped into my local O2 store two days ago to negotiate my upgrade and had a few queries on discounts.

The assistant manager informed me that Armed Forces members were entitled to an automatic 30% discount (but only to the airtime part of the Refresh plan) on providing proof of being in the Forces. - He also said the same stood for employees of certain organisations.

So I'd recommend popping into your local O2 store or as mentioned above, try calling customer services to get confirmation direct from O2.

🙂
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Damn my slow typing! The regulars beat me to the answer! Haha 😄
Message 10 of 19