Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor data coverage - so leaving O2

dadlamassu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was tranferred to O2 by Virgin Media.  What a disaster!  Prior to O2 the provider was EE.  

I do a lot of my work online and from March to October much of this is from my static caravan.  I use my phone as a mobile hotspot for this and also for streaming movies and other content for entertainment and for the grandchildren when they visit.  When I had EE there was no problem.  Now with O2 I can barely access my cloud based files Microsoft and cannot stream a movie without constant buffering or getting no access.  

I have complained to Virgin when they had my account until I was transferred without my consent.

The O2 status checker says that coverage here at Seton Sands is Good.  But the signal on my phone shows only 1 or often 0 bars of 4.  If that is "Good" I'd hate to know what "Poor" is.

There are several other Static Caravan owners here who have gone back to EE or are going back to EE.  So I am going home tomorrow and will move to EE as soon as I can.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10214 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@dadlamassu 

You have been on o2 for a while, this just moves your number over to o2 from the Virgin Mobile so nothing has changed from a network POV

Maybe get the Caravan Park owner to pony up some cash either for WiFi or to contribute towards a Microcell or a mast in the local area. 

All the details on how to cancel are here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

dadlamassu
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is my third attempt to reply.  Each time signal lost.

Yes I have suffered O2 until my contract ended.  I complained to Virgin as I was their customer until last month and was told new masts or whatever would be in place by summer 2023.  If they are in place then they have made no difference.  

What is the use of unlimited data if I cannot stream a movie, work effectively, connect with the internet reliably?  

Why you think a third party should "pony up" to provide a service that I pay O2 for is beyond me.  O2 should "pony up" or provide a decent service.

I will be visting my local O2 shop and then my local EE shop. 

The solution is to leave O2 and join an effective provider - EE.

Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6638 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

Well we are all customers here, so O2 won't see your complaint.

Just text text 'PAC' to 65075 from your O2 phone and then give the code to EE when you sign up. No need to contact O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5