cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Samsung note 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I go about unlocking the note 4 from another network? Assume I take it into a "shop" and do it there?

Thanks
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
To be clear, it says coming soon for upgrading customers but is of course available to new customers. THAT is taking care of your existing customers!

I agree with that....a real smack in the face for those of you looking forward to getting this new model..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes me laugh. 

Modding your devices could void your warranty. putting an unlock code in will not. 

o2 give you the unlatching code for free via the online form.

New ofcom regs state the networks can not refuse this and have set a 3 month time frame from you getting the device and them giving you it. So after 3 months of you having the device you can request it. However o2 will do this for you straight away via the online form. 

The only one you will find they will not do for the 3 moths is the iphone.

as for the loyalty deals. It is hard for networks to compete with the prices of things. If you call o2 they will try and look at the deals but its not always possible when you want a £600 phone and unlimited verything for £10 a month, its not possible. If a phone has an upfront cost they will try and wipe it from my experance 

Message 22 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
No one said that following the correct, documented and authorised route, will void a warranty.
They said that taking it to a independent store or market trader might do so as they are not regulated, governed or authorised by either the network or the manufacturer to reverse code the latch by means of processing the imei.
As said many times in this thread, the networks do provide an unlocking service as per their adhesion to the regulations set by ofcom. By going to a market trader / stall / site, you are actually avoiding the regulations and along that, the protection they were made for.
Message 23 of 23