cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to purchase O2 contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm trying to get a contract with 02.

The first time I was filling in my details (yesturday) there was no 'box' to input my PAC code so I didn't complete the order as I didn't wan't a new contract with a new number.

Today I tried again (incase I did something wrong) but after filling in all my details again, i get:

"We’re sorry, but we can’t complete your order.

Thanks for applying to join O2. When you apply for an O2 contract we use business policies to assess all new applications. This time, you didn’t meet our minimum level. If you'd like to find out why, please email us at CreditFileReferrals@O2.com."

Seriously?

I have never been in dept in my life, so what do I have to do to get a contract with you guys?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27773 Solutions
I guess they credit checked you when you applied yesterday and did't complete the order, so that is why you have been declined again today.
You'll need to wait at least a week before doing another credit check or you will be continually declined.
Your PAC is valid for 30 days so no need to panic and it will be easier to go into an O2 store as they can enter the PAC on the system directly for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Maybe this will help

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Edit : ring O2 from a mobile with an O2 sim in it via dialling 202 or From a landline 0344 8090202

Standard UK Rate
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you but, I already have the pac code (from orange).
Just there isn't anywhere to input it when filling out the purchase order.
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Look at the section "If you are porting from another Network Mobile Operator to the O2 Network."
Message 4 of 16

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You would have to contact customer service to check why but they may not give you a reason. I would get a copy of your credit file to ensure there is nothing on there in error.

Multi applications could affect the credit scoring depending how far you got with the last application?

Message 5 of 16

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@bob, he doesn't want that information. He wants to know why the application has been declined?

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I read that and it doesn't answer my question.

Why the second time do I no longer have enough credit, and what do I do with my PAC code I have?

If i manage to purchase the contract without giving the PAC code, will I not be able to use it? And thus have 2 numbers???

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
@jonsie said "@bob, he doesn't want that information. He wants to know why the application has been declined?"

I quote from the Adamsk1 "The first time I was filling in my details (yesturday) there was no 'box' to input my PAC code so I didn't complete the order as I didn't wan't a new contract with a new number."

Just explaining the process to PAC to O2.
Message 8 of 16

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You can port your number in after you open the contract but as you've been declined it may help to wait a few days.

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can open a new contract and then PAC your number to it.

If you pass the credit check.

Hsve you checked that O2 give good signal where you live etc via a Payg SIM card.
Message 10 of 16