cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

When i ring 2202 i am told the tariff i am currently on includes free txts and calls to fellow o2 users. Yesterday i rang an o2 user and was charged for the call. I rang 4445 three times yesterday and was given a run around by your automated system. Eventually i spoke to an advisor who told me i had used my 3,000 minutes for this month. This is incorrect but he assured me the information was correct. A few minutes later he told me i did not have free calls due to the fact i had only topped up £10 this month. If that is so why does the 2202 number continue to inform me i have free calls. I would advise o2 to get someone to look at their systems as it appears to me they are not fit for purpose.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145127 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
@Marjo one more for feedback?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you perhaps used up all your allowance & maybe this was why you were charged 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 145127 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
Yes they have used them all according to the chat advisor although this is disputed by the op.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

One possible scenario with happens is that the o2 number you called or texted has recently upgraded, ported in or changed platform from P&G to contract or vice versa. In that particular instance it does take a couple of days for that number to re register on O2's systems and be recognised as part of your allowance for the call. The same situation arises if you have done the same and/or you have pro rata allowances. Could this be the case? If so customer service will refund any charges but you would have to suggest this to them as the cause.

Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

When i ring 2202 i am told the tariff i am currently on includes free txts and calls to fellow o2 users. Yesterday i rang an o2 user and was charged for the call. I rang 4445 three times yesterday and was given a run around by your automated system. Eventually i spoke to an advisor who told me i had used my 3,000 minutes for this month. This is incorrect but he assured me the information was correct. A few minutes later he told me i did not have free calls due to the fact i had only topped up £10 this month. If that is so why does the 2202 number continue to inform me i have free calls. I would advise o2 to get someone to look at their systems as it appears to me they are not fit for purpose.

Hi @Anonymous thanks for your feedback - we will pass it on to O2!

Message 6 of 6