Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S24 alternatives

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

With the Samsung Galaxy S24 variants having been heavily featured in the news of late, this TechRadar article on Android alternatives is worth a glance :-

I'm a phone deals expert and these are my top three Samsung Galaxy S24 alternatives | TechRadar

https://www.techradar.com/phones/im-a-phone-deals-expert-and-these-are-my-top-three-samsung-galaxy-s...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

They never mention Sony or anybody else. I guess they aren't accessible as iphone, samsung or Google.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@anticpated 

TechRadar do frequently mention OnePlus ; but yes, they mainly focus on Apple, Samsung and Google.

If you really want coverage of all of the alternatives, take a look at :-

GSMArena.com - mobile phone reviews, news, specifications and more...

https://www.gsmarena.com/

I particularly like the video reviews that Willard Gove posts on GSM Arena. 

Message 3 of 5

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Yes there are many channels of infor mation about alternatives. Unfortunately these are typically for the chinese market. They omit band 42, which is used for 5G in the UK, often and make exclusive products for their own market. 

A couple of mentions for alternatives.

Honor Magic V2 which is a fold phablet/mobile device with a good specification. It has a 5K display when unfolded. 

Xiaomi 14 Pro is another chinese exclusive which comes with a LYTIA camera sensor which enhances low-light capabilities.  Plus the usual Snapdragon and titanium variants.

To me though, Apple is uniform and boring in it's way it draws people in with their tried and tested ways. Their approach to the marketing alone making everybody think they are as good as dedicated cameras is a bit misleading. In some respects, their colour grading is the best although the oversharpening and using computation to enhance RAW format images that is taking the task away from the photographer; essentially you end up with a large size JPEG/HEIF instead. 

Samsung need to stop with the megapixel count and think about form over functionality.  Perhaps they need to think about using larger sensors and making using of AI to improve focus and contrast. Fokeh or fake bokeh is not the same as Bokeh which is the physical lens artifacts not blurring alone. So the lenses could be improved rather than computational improvements. Another oddity is you can save 24 megapixel images on the s24 ultra using Expert RAW. Why they never really highlighted that is beyond me.

Perhaps the market for mobile phones is so satuarted now there isn't much room for improvement and innovation.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@anticpated 

I must admit that I don't really use my 'phone for taking photographs. Hence, that probably means that what I might view as a "good" handset and what you might view as "good" are two totally different things. 👍 

Message 5 of 5