Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rootmetrics mobile survey

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12143 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

Oh dear. Not good news - o2 comes last in survey of the big 4 networks.

Apologies for the source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bills/article-3768830/Best-worst-UK-s-Big-Four-mobile-network-provi...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
No one on here is surprised by that and is why I also have an EE and Three sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't surprise me either. The signal in my area has gone from excellent to not satisfactory in the last few months even though reporting an obvious fault comes back as nothing wrong 

Message 3 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

no surprise here either.......i read it earlier!!

Message 4 of 36

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
So is the advice I normally see on here correct then ?

Go with the network that gives the best coverage where you live and work.

O2 seem to be failing for most people in both those respects and yet they keep gaining customers !!
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 36

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
The advice on here is sound, go with the operator who provides you the best coverage and service you can get for a price that is right for you.

For me O2 has the better coverage in my area (certainly when indoors), its 4G and speed is good. Customer Service is also usually excellent with O2 when i've used it.

What works for some won't work for all.
Message 6 of 36

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

O2 need to sort things out and improve all round. It seems that they were too busy banking on the Three takeover to worry about anything else. 

Message 7 of 36

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

O2 need to sort things out and improve all round. It seems that they were too busy banking on the Three takeover to worry about anything else. 

Correct.....they gave up, thinking "Three will be making changes and improvements so we don't need to bother."

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 123367 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Each to their own. O2 is fine for me. I travel to various places in the UK with a group of friends who are with Vodafone and Three. I can get a signal and connection when they can't. ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 36

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
They will also get a signal where you can't but the rootmetrics survey is about % coverage and O2 is falling behind the others.
To fall behind Voda is absolutely disgraceful!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 36