cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with mobiles.co.uk

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took out a 24 month contract with Mobiles.co.uk in January 2014, Im now on my 3rd Lumia 1020, the previous 2 both had the same problem, the camera failing and getting extremely hot, the one I'm using at the moment has started getting really hot so I put it on my windowsil to cool down, I went to the toilet and when I came back our cat was sat on the windowsil but my phone wasnt, I looked out of the window and saw it on the floor, I immediately panicked and went and got my phone, went back upstairs and had a look at it, the only damage to it was a couple of scuff marks on the casing and the bottom left of the screen is starting to pop out, I got onto mobiles.co.uk straight away but their live chat was down so I spoke to a really nice guy called Rick and explained to him what had happened, he told me I should take it into the carphone warehouse, so I did, the guy behind the counter was really rude as I showed him the printout of the chat with Rick and he said "doesnt make any difference to me"

He also said he could send the phone away to be repaired but they would only repair it if the screen was smashed and they wouldnt if it wasnt smashed.

I got back onto mobiles.co.uk and spoke to David and told him about the guy in the carphone warehouse and he  said  I am sorry about the troubles you have had and seems like you have had contradictory information. If your handset is faulty (especially overheating) then you do in fact need to visit Carphone Warehouse. If they are telling you to come to us, then you need to ask them to call us so we can explain to them about the repair period, I asked for a manager callback, he took my number and said a manager would call me back within 2 hours, I never got a call back

Ive told mobiles.co.uk that Im not happy as this is the 3rd Lumia 1020 Ive had, all with the same problem

Can someone please help me and advise where I stand with regards to this

Thanks

Message 1 of 56
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry.

If your saying the phone is faulty ref it overheating and camera fail, then you'd have to go through the companies involved in order to seek a replacement.

Although as they'll probably ask for the handset to be sent to them they will take into account the damage caused by the fall and may blame the current issues on that fall.
Message 5 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Some Carphone warehouses have Nokia care centres in them which is probably why you were directed there.

Accidental damage is not covered in the standard warranty.

They will look at the damage and assess wether to charge you or not.

Check any home contents insurance or bank account as some offer cover with an excess to pay for accidental damage.

If your stating ref the overheating issue then possibly raise an official complaint to Nokia or mobiles.co.uk for resolution. They will take into account any aesthetic damage tho.

Edit to add link http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Guide-Differance-between-SOGA-and-warranty-exten...
Message 2 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by this?

If your stating ref the overheating issue then possibly raise an official complaint to Nokia or mobiles.co.uk for resolution. They will take into account any aesthetic damage tho.

Message 3 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the fact that this is the 3rd phone Ive had, with the same fault makes no difference at all?

Message 4 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry.

If your saying the phone is faulty ref it overheating and camera fail, then you'd have to go through the companies involved in order to seek a replacement.

Although as they'll probably ask for the handset to be sent to them they will take into account the damage caused by the fall and may blame the current issues on that fall.
Message 5 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is really starting to wind me up, mobiles.co.uk and CPW are as helpful as a knitted condom 😞

Message 6 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
djrandella said "So the fact that this is the 3rd phone Ive had, with the same fault makes no difference at all?"

They'll know your history with previous handsets , yes , but will look at the damage caused by the accidental damage caused by the fall.
Message 7 of 56

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

Mobiles.co.uk is owned by Carphone Warehouse. That's why you were directed there by them. Whatever problem you're having has nothing to do with O2. If you're using an O2 sim in the phone, which is why I presume you've posted here, O2's only obligation to you is to provide the air time. You're wasting your efforts here. You need to deal with Mobiles.co.uk or Carphone Warehouse. No one here can give you any advice of any validity.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
"This is really starting to wind me up, mobiles.co.uk and CPW are as helpful as a knitted condom :-("

Your avenue should be with where you bought it.

Some CPW just have registered Nokia Care Centres in them to help.
Message 9 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

The contract is with O2, hence why I posted on here, just looking for some help and advice thats all

Message 10 of 56