Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service

Ian-C
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently moved (not by choice) from Virginmedia to O2 and upgraded my phone and Sim with them.

Part of the upgrade offer was the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro for £1.

After a number of weeks, calls, webchat, chats in MyO2 the code finally arrives. Expiry date in the text 12.10.2023.  The code has expired already.

Yet another call to Customer Services, complaints, only to be cold transferred and have to go through the entire thing again.  This representative didn't listen, kept saying the same thing I've heard numerous times already "I've put a request through for a new code which should be there in 24 hours".

I explained I have heard that repeatedly only to be told the same thing. When I tried to explain she wasn't listening I was told "well you are saying the same thing over and over" and then "if you aren't happy with what I am saying I'll put you through to a manager".

How much do I have to spend with O2 to get Customer Service??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36476 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

12.10.2023 is still valid, @Ian-C - even in US date format...? 🤔

And the CS with Virgin is equally as bad, in my experience, worse now it is all smudged together...

1000002235.png

Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

@Ian-C The move from Virgin Media to O2 isn't a choice for anyone. The companies have merged. You're all being moved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Mr1123
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 customer services is non existent. When I call, I'm always put on hold for 10-16mins before someone answers and it could be simple problem like changing my tarrif. After they pick up, they put me on hold for another 10muins and then another 5min. Literally every call is 25mins+ long and I tried calling at different times to hopefully get uk support but it seems it all goes to India regardless of the time you call. And they tried selling me a contract, no way. And these guys on this site keep posting their social media links to get support. I tired twitter and Facebook, zero response given and there's plenty of people complaing of having waiting weeks and no reply. Will never take a Contract with them. 

Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

@Mr1123 We are all customers with no access to anyone else's account, which is why you get referred to the social media links or are told to call. It's all we can do if the issue is account related. O2 does not monitor this site and whether you take a contract or not is of no matter to anyone here.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

Mr1123
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It matters to everyone that is new to o2. So if you say o2 cusomter services is non existent dont take a contract, people would stay away and that would be much more helpful than wasting peoples time. But you post links giving false hope and you come defensive with your replies so there's something in it for you. 

Message 6 of 6