Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments not credited to account

Aceruzzo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I paid my O2 mobile bill online via my laptop and the O2 website at 7am on 2 Oct 2023, it was due 5 Oct 2023.  I emailed myself the payment reference number.   Since then I am being threatened with late payment fees and reports to credit agencies, and also texts asking me to pay including the number 0330 123 9245 which on a search appears to be a scam number.  But when I check my bill status page on this website the message I see is 'Payment currently being processed'!!  Does anyone know how long 02 needs to process a payment - how much timelag should customers leave? Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123152 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Aceruzzo 

You need to contact payment management.

Details here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

To pay bills, ask for payment extensions or query bills etc, you need to contact the Payment Management Team.

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

Best time to call is around 8.00am

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6037 Posts
  • 104 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Aceruzzo 

>> Does anyone know how long 02 needs to process a payment - how much timelag should customers leave? 

If you did this at 7.00am last Monday morning, it should have been processed by now ! 

Message 3 of 7

Aceruzzo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

on ‎**Personal info**23 17:48

I have tried every avenue these AI chat bots keep posting on here.  All I do is shout down the phone at that stupid annoying voice sending me texts with links I can find myself!!  I intend to go down the formal route:

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

You will find all the details here, let's hope AI hasn't infiltrated the humans at these addresses!  

02 Complaint Review Service
Email complaintreviewservice@o2.com
Postal address
O2 Complaint Review Service
PO BOX 694
Winchester
SO23 5AP

Message 4 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10233 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@Aceruzzo 

If you have the payment reference from o2 - then call 0800 902 0217 and speak to a human... they will be able to help... 

Not sure why you have posted the above...  

Trust me there are no AI Bots on this community... ChatGPT is too expensive for an enterprise license, and Bard is rubbish

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 7

Aceruzzo
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Mad as a Fish (great name very apt!) 

I have spoken to a human about 5 working days ago but he

a) didn't speak very good English

b) didn't seem to understand or was even very interested in what I was trying to tell him

c) didn't recognise the receipt code reference I emailed myself from the 02 online payments page 

d) had no explanation why my bank account was debited by the bill amount requested but wasn't credited to my 02 account

Finally he tried to transfer me to someone else but he couldn't even manage that - I was cut off!!! 

Do you have any specific humans in 02 that you can recommend, and if so what are their phone numbers and email addresses, thanks!! 

=========

SCREENSHOT AVAILABLE
Your bill payment of £XXX has been successful (note: debited from my bank account at 11.47 on Monday 2 October 2023)

Reference number : CAMYO2W5duopxxxxx

==========-

Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10233 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@Aceruzzo 

This isnt customer services, everyone on here is a customer,so you need to pick up the phone and call them.... as no one can help you from here...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 7