cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCWorld (Dixons Retail plc) 30% Family and Friends discount with insurance on an simplicity sim.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help me,

I've been with O2 for a couple years now, and have received a 30% Family and Friends discount. My contact recently ended and I want to get a Simplicity sim and keep the insurance on my iPhone 4s (I don't see the point of in getting tired down to an iPhone 5 for 24 months at the moment as Apple will bring out a new iPhone in several months).

I've always had the 30% Family and Friends discount as I work for PCWorld, they're a "partner company" as O2 stores where once called The Link, which was owned by Dixons, the owners of PCWorld. Anyway, I want to know if I can still get my discount and keep the insurance on my iPhone 4s. When I went into the store I was told that I can still get the discount, but they can't keep the insurance going on, they advised me to speak to the customer services over the phone. When I called them they told me that they don't do the 30% Family and Friends discount anymore, she didn't seem to give me an reason why, but kept telling me that I can get credit to my account instead (To be honest I think she was just wanted a sale -_-).

Anyway, can someone answer these two questions for me;
1. Can I still get my 30% Family and Friends discount?
2. Can I get a Simplicity sim and still get insurance on my iPhone 4s?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
I've no idea about the discount but I suggest you tallk to your HR dept as they are usually the ones that negotiate employee offers and discounts. As far as insurance is concerned there are many other places that you can take out (cheaper) handset insurance and you may even be covered on your home insurance anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
I've no idea about the discount but I suggest you tallk to your HR dept as they are usually the ones that negotiate employee offers and discounts. As far as insurance is concerned there are many other places that you can take out (cheaper) handset insurance and you may even be covered on your home insurance anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 3

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks MI5 slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 3