cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 - worst customer service ever!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im goin abroad for 4 months n just rang to postpone my payment for 4 months n they wont do it!!!!! :robotmad: Im not asking to cancel it n will still make 18 monthly payments I just dont wanna pay £55 a month when I aint using my phone.
Has anyone ever had theres postponed before??
Im not gonna give up!!!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Word CONTRACT comes to mind. You signed up to 18 months at £Y and that's it.
The only people to get suspension of contract are members of the Armed forces on Active Duty
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I know I signed up to an 18 month contract n will still pay for 18 months, so that isn't the issue!!!! If vodafone can do it why can't O2!!!!!
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will your landlord let you stop paying the rent while you're gone, or the council let you off the council tax?
Also, a quick Google shows that Voda only let you suspend if you're in the armed forces.
Message 4 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Vodafone don't do it, they may let you transfer it to someone else, but I don't think O2 will allow it.
How you can accuse them of the worst customer service, just because you can't do as you like is beyond me.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vodaphone do do it because 3 of my friends have done it already....they said no at first but then did it. N as I'm goin abroad yeah I reckon I could stop council tax n rent as I have already done it!!!! I'm not just stopping it for the fun of it I just want to postpone it as I'm abroad n won't b using it......end of the day they will still b getting 18 months payments!!
Message 6 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
It's not us you have to convince it's O2, and they have said it can't be done.
I agree it would be a good thing for them to consider in future, and many people would find it useful.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Well look on the bright side, what you save on your council tax and rent will pay for your phone bill!
Seriously, I have never heard of cancelling rent and council tax when you are abroad and don't know of any authority that will do that, certainly not in Manchester.
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vodaphone do do it because 3 of my friends have done it already....they said no at first but then did it. N as I'm goin abroad yeah I reckon I could stop council tax n rent as I have already done it!!!! I'm not just stopping it for the fun of it I just want to postpone it as I'm abroad n won't b using it......end of the day they will still b getting 18 months payments!!

No, vodafone really don't do it. There are two possibilities, either your friends are not actually in a contract, in which case some networks will suspend the monthly bill for up to 6 months, or your friends are having you on.
When you are in a fixed term mobile phone contract, the only exception is for members of the armed forces posted on tour to a war zone, and that's it. The key phrase is "fixed term" ie x amount for x number of months, consecutively.
It's got nothing to do with poor customer service at all, you signed a contract and nowhere in that contract does it allow for what you are asking, and neither does any other network contract.
Having established that, is there anyone who can take it over, make use of it and pay the bills whils you are away? That may offer a solution for your dilemma.
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously, I have never heard of cancelling rent and council tax when you are abroad and don't know of any authority that will do that, certainly not in Manchester.

Was thinking the same.
Wanty in "inner cynic" mode. grin
Message 10 of 18