cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 phone repair con

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought a refurbished Xperia u from O2 online. One evening it was running laggy so I shut it down only to find it would not turn back on. At this point I had owned it for 7 weeks. I tired charging etc but no luck. The phone is hardly ever used as it is my spare and is in pristine condition, no scratches marks etc and never dropped.
It was sent for repair by O2 and returned within 2 days unrepaired but without any explanation. it was immediately returned for repair again and is now marked as unrepaired due to excessive force damage meaning that components on the board have come loose.
O2 refuse to repair it under warranty and it is deemed Beyond economical repair.

How the hell can excessive force have been applied if I have never dropped it? It is like new. I'm thinking damage may have been caused prior to my purchasing as a refurb but I can't prove it.
If the shop refuse to offer me a replacement when it arrives back this time, I will demonstrate excessive force on a phone by smashing it in front of all other customers.

O2 repair facility seem to be a huge con. After reading about water damage it seems they will come up with any excuse to get out of repair.
Either my phone was damaged prior or during refurb or was manufactured incorrectly, buti it doesn't work now and as far as O2 are concerned its my fault and I can just by a new one.
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think you'll need to make a formal complaint:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Let us know the outcome.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to be more and more of this occurring now this really isn't good enough o2!!!

Message 3 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

another thing that needs to be get rid of anovo/regenersis or wharever they are called now

Message 4 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

another thing that needs to be get rid of anovo/regenersis or wharever they are called now

There's a list starting to build up now with live chat as well as these con artists

Message 5 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i can see a repetitive pattern here

Message 6 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a supposed photo of the damaged area. Comparing it to images of a tear down of the xperia u on Engadget.com it would appear the alleged damage is near to the volume down button. The engineers photo is pretty poor so it is hard to determine a break or such but I really don't see why a break here would stop the phone powering on. I certainly didn't cause damage.
Message 7 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

As Perskie has suggested I would make a formal complaint it may also be worth contacting your local trading standards as they are trying to con you

Message 8 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will go the formal complaint route. I have also sent a photo of the supposed internal damage to a repair facility for an explanation of the damage and quote for repair.
Message 9 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do let us know how you get on if you can

Message 10 of 44