Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 from an Unbiased Customer Perspective - My Online Diary

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

I've decided to take a Refresh deal on a 4G phone and will treat everything as a normal O2 customer, ie, phone will be O2 locked & branded, I will not root or jailbreak, if anything goes wrong I will contact live chat in the first instance, repairs (if necessary) will be done through O2 etc....

I haven't decided which phone as yet, but it will probably be a mid range handset and I will document my experience from ordering, through to setting up & using, the quality of CS and my thoughts on 4G along with the whole "O2 user journey" throughout my contract period.

I will be completely unbiased and I have the option to compare all services to the other 2 networks I use on a regular basis (Three & EE) along with GG which my wife uses.....

I'm hoping it will be a pleasant and enlightening journey slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

MI5
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Phone was back on line by 13.15 but number is still dialing out to Voda. My O2 has updated though so it's just a waiting game now wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 173

MI5
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Just rebooted and everything swapped over fine. Calls and texts working as expected slight_smile
So far, so good.....
Message 22 of 173

jonsie
  • 93348 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

MI5
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Indeed.....
Message 24 of 173

MI5
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

Prompted by an earlier post about adult verification, I remembered I had to get mine removed, so onto Live Chat again wink

Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.

You're through to 'O2 - Bishop'

Bishop: Hi I'm O2 - Bishop. How can I help?

Richard: Hi, II need to get the Adult Verification restriction removed please and I don't have a credit card.....?

Bishop: I'll do that for you Richard.

Bishop: Can you please help me with your full name?

Richard: Richard **********

Bishop: Thanks.

Bishop: Please can you tell me the 3rd & 5th character of your security answer?

Richard: * & *

Bishop: Perfect. Thank you!

Bishop: I've now removed the 18+ bars from this account and it will done with in next 24 hours.

Richard: Excellent service - Thank you slight_smile

Bishop: You're welcome Richard!

Bishop: We'd really like your feedback. Click on 'End Chat' in the top right of this screen (next to the print button) to tell us what you think. Bye.

Richard: OK, Bye

Less than 3 mins.....Not too shabby slight_smile

Message 25 of 173

MI5
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
I've not talked about the phone yet, so briefly, it is locked to O2 and running O2 branded firmware (which incidentally is the latest Sony released version of 4.1.2).
The only O2 content is startup/shutdown screen, wallpapers and an app linking to all O2 apps on Google Play.
I've never been a huge fan of Sony phones, but having not owned one for a while (and been a die hard Sammy fan) I thought I'd give one a try, and I must say I am pleasantly pleased.
The Sony overlay is much better than Touchwiz and the android experience is much more vanilla than you get with Samsung.
The phone is fast and fluid and the screen, at 4.8" is big enough without been ridiculous slight_smile
Clarity is good, photos superb, video playback is what you'd expect (still not assessed for 4G compression but not noticeable on 3G), so overall a good choice and I should maybe have looked at Sony as an option before.... Although I still wouldn't want to be without my S3 wink
Message 26 of 173

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Your experiences have been good so far, whenever I've been asked about my use of Live Chat and say mine were good too, I feel that I'm not believed and it is certainly not as bad as many here make it out to be.

The phone doesn't sound bad either.

Watching further developments with interest.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 27 of 173

MI5
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Just been totally honest perksie. If I get a bad one it will be up here too but so far I can only report good slight_smile
Message 28 of 173

jonsie
  • 93348 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

Speak as you find, honest and unbiased as you say. Sometimes it's difficult to believe how some things can go wrong so badly for some customers. Glad your experiences have all been positive so far.

Message 29 of 173

MI5
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

Just found some of my first phones so thought I'd take a picture with my latest one wink

2013-10-19 16.04.11.jpg

Message 30 of 173