cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are the worst EVER! Ordering Moto 360

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, 3 days ago I tried to pre-order the Moto 360. I tried online and got this error;

Oops, your order hasn’t been submitted.

We’re sorry but something went wrong when we tried submitting your order and it hasn’t been completed. Please try again later.

I tried later. I tried lots of times. I tried different PC's. Different browers. Tied from my phone brower. Fail after Fail. I tried different credit cards.

I tried calling the sales line, to let them try. Failed.

Each time you try over the phone, you need to give them a different email address. I have given them 9 emails in failed attempts.

The Moto 360 costs £199. When I called my credit card companies to see if there is any issues they said no. Both card are fine. One Visa one Mastercard, no blocks, no issues. They also said, that they could see THREE authorised O2 transactions on each card. So O2 have stolen £1200 of my credit balance and not even given me an order!

I have spoken to O2 via phone and chat. Told them what has happened and they do nothing. They say unless they see and order they can't do anything. Apparently, and this is a joke to me, you give them your card details, they can make a charge on your credit card, a valid one and get an authorisation code from the bank that the transaction was good. But then, if their system fails and there is no order, they dont even keep a record of this charge on your account. They have absolutely no idea about it and have no person in the O2 than can investigate anything to do with card charges. So they can happily rack up £1200 of transaction on your cards and have no record of even doing this, none!!! unbeleivable. Sounds like fraud to me. How can they not keep a record of charges they raise aginst a customer??? They say they have no order and that is why? That has nothing to do with it! if they make a charge on a customers card they should be keeping a record of this, regardless of wether they f**k the order part up or not, they should still be able to know they charged a card.

So, 3 days of trying, by numerous methods. I still have no order. I have £1200 of transactions on my cards. O2 have not even got any visability of the transactions, even though they placed the transactions on my 2 banks using card details I provided O2.

I wanted to pre-order this to get it early. Impossible with O2. They are clueless.

They are the worst, most unprofessional company I have ever had to deal with.

Message 1 of 239
238 REPLIES 238

Cleoriff
  • 123193 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Anonymous ..........can you not see the big writing on the wall ?????.....get out while you can !!!!

Not sure that's an option while O2 are still holding £1200 of his money...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 239

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 12 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

Arghhhh

I am in the same situation I just want money back :-(((( £600 as I tried 3 times. 

Nick

Message 13 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you contacted Customer Services via phone to request a refund ?

Or they won't have taken the actual monies but held the funds which will drop back into your bank account.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 14 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seriously there customer services department drive me to despair after all my efforts hours on the phone I am no further the funds are Authorised so they could take 600 in the next 2 week at a while and I'm left downTime,Stress,600, Pre order ...
Message 15 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's be honest, O2 really dont have any customer service in the sense that most customers would expect. As in, a service department that you can contact, speak to someone knowledgeable that can listen to what your issues is and then has the knowledge and abilty to do something to remidy it. This just does not exist.

What they have are people on the phone that can ask "are you pay as you go or contact?" and then can take an order. That is about their limit. And a chat support team, that can paste in stock quotes like "I'm sorry to hear about that, I can really understand how that must feel" and then actaully do NOTHING. I can tell you, that is REALLY being to annoy me!! GRRR.

That fact that sooooo many people in this thread have the same issue; O2 charging or allocating funds on peoples cards, and then because their fisher-price ordering system looses/fails the order, they have no record of the charge they have just made, with the details in their hands that customer has just given them and they have used... well, it's shameful.

So all these customers call in and say quite reasonably "You (O2) have charged my card, been given an valid authorisation code from my bank for these funds, but you have not given me an order. Please can you either cancel teh charge or issues an order?" And not one person has had ANY customer service on this.

How can O2 say they have customer service, when they can no even handle this ABSOLUTELY reasonable request. Answer; they don't. People should be sacked that have allowed the process to exist in O2.

Message 16 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems they know they have an issue now. Know they have technical problems. After 4 days of charging people and not taking orders, racking up ££££ all over peoples cards. But do they admit it, warning customers of the bogus charges... no!! they just LIE and say it's out of stock!!!! How can they do this and think that is a decent way to treat people they have charged...

Anyway, for those that like a laugh at poor customer service. here is the transcript;

: Hello, it's Keira here. I hope you're well. What can I do for you?
Michael: I have been trying to pre-order the moto 360 for a week, but you systems keep failing, both online and over the phone
Michael: have been changed my card (2 different ones) to the sum of over £1200
Michael: 7 times you changed me the 199 and didnt give me an order
Michael: now I try and it's out of stock
Michael: what are you going to do to ensure I get this item when it's releaeed?
: Right there is a known issue you customers can't place the order for 360 our technical support team are working on it very soon issue will be resolved
Michael: but there is no stock left now
Michael: I just tried...
Michael: "Moto 360 Black Out of stock."
: Yes we have marked 360 as out of stock on website because of error
: Please wait for 2 or 3 days then you can order it
Michael: can O2 make a statment about this please, as the forums are full of people saying they can't do this and that they have been charged multiple times and not getting orders.
Michael: you can't just say it's otu of stock, having charged people and then not explain this to customers
Michael: good custoemr serives would mean passing this information on to you csutoemrs
Michael: espcially if it's a "known issues" as you said ebfiore
: I don't think so you've been charged check with your bank and if money has gone from your bank then it'll be back in 48 to 72 hrs
Michael: acatully (on a pre-order as is this) you allocate funds, this reduces customers available balance and the siutations stays like this for much longer the 72 hours, normally weeks, with the expectation you take the reserved fund when shipped. However, as is, you have abs no record of this charges you have made and have no idea how to cancel them, so customers will not know until they use there card and find that they have no funds
Michael: so, like I say, as a matter of good practice and customer service, you should make people aware of this, rather than saying OUt of STOCK... will you be providing this information?
: No sorry idea, as we've update that on 360 there is some technical issue so Informed you
Michael: you didnt inform me. I contact you and found out. 90% of people who tried to order the 360 and failed, will have no idea that you have placed a transaction of there card. So, you should point this out of the page. whoudl you not? or is the customer to wait untiul they try and buy something?
Michael: and find they have no funds?
Michael: i means you took £1200+ from me and I only found out bc I called my bank
Michael: I am going to post this and you reply on the forum shortly, so just to be clear... it's taken you 4 days to find out you have an issue. You have pre-charged many mnay people, yet you are not doing to update anyone that has been trying to orer this, that there was an issue you are no aware of and that you may (probably) has locked fund on there card?
Michael: even though this is the case. All you are going to do is say "out of stock", whcih is actaully a lie anyway. sicne you are not out out stock.
Michael: correct?
: I understand but its website technical issue.
Michael: yes, i get that. but this "website tehnical issues" has charged peoples cards. why are you not saying this? You should be saying "we have had technical issues, which may have reserved funds on your cards, so we have suspeneded ordering". This is the case, not out of stock. Why are you lieing to O2 customers saying out of stock? You are not! you have had tehnical isues WITH IMPACT ON CUSTOMERS CARDS.
Michael: whre am I wrong?
Michael: Are you actaully trying to help customers, or cover up the errors??
: You'll get your money back very soon
Michael: fine. why are you not making this clear on the page? people will not know they have been charged!
Michael: are you ignioring this? prestneding this does not matter to a customer?
Michael: you have chages them
Michael: Do you know how long a reseved trnasaction stays active for?
Michael: I do. it's not a few days. so that is another lie. I think you should find out when they transions expire. instead of satying "a few days" this is inccorect, i've already told you this. do you udnertdand the difference between a charge and a pre-order allocation?
: I understand and respect your feeling, and I'll take it as  feed back, and we'll try to resolve this issue as soon as possible
: Is there anything else I can help you with?
:
Michael: so I take if from that, you are not going to make it clear on the 360 page that you had techincial issues and that you have made bogus charges on cards, and you are still going to say "out of stock" when this is not the cases, and you are fully aware this is inccorect information you are providing?
Michael: confirm this please, then I'll give up as a lost cuase and post this as is to the forums, let the customers decide if you are be disingenuous with them or not. I think we know the answer
Michael: hello? is anything I said unreasonable?... gone?? lol it's a joke

Message 17 of 239

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Wow!
Message 18 of 239

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144775 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Honestly, I wouldn't expect live chat to have the ability to change anything on the website.....
They can only feedback the comments as they said they would.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't expect live chat to be able to change the website. However, I would have expected O2 to put honest information on in the first place, not a lie about being out of stock. You think this will get passed on and the website will be changed, seriously? Of course not. O2 have messed customers over big style here. The first customers will know of the numerous charges is when they try and buy something else and have no credit to do so.

They are not even honourable enough to own up to the mistake and post information, true information, that would help customers. Like warning then of the bogus charges, so they can cancel then BEFORE they get shafted. No, they would rather hide their dishonest mess of a pre-order under the LIE of "out of stock". How is anyone expect to think of O2 management in any way, other than disingenuous.

Message 20 of 239