Did you mean: 

O2 360 and switchup

Benwiddowson82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys

im sure this has been asked already but I can’t seem to locate anything using the search. Went into one of my local o2 stores 6 weeks ago to perform a switchup only to be told I’m on 360. They stated couldn’t access my account for now and to try again in 2 weeks or another o2 branch outside of the city. Fast forward to 3 weeks ago and again I was given the same answer. I gave them a call yesterday to again be told nope we can’t do anything. First off, how do I switchup at present? Secondly, if I can’t I’m assuming I’d be entitled to some kind of refund on the switchup add on (I pay the £3.99). I’m not a lawyer but the TCs state I’m entitled to switchup at any time, could this even constitute a mild breach of contract on o2s part? I fully appreciate that system upgrades need to take place but to not have some form of contingency plan seems a little short sighted and for it to go in for this amount of time is crazy. Thanks for any suggestions. Oh and just to clarify, I’ve tired almost all of the o2 stores in a commutable distance to me. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Benwiddowson82 

I'll ask @ColinO2 to explain.

If he doesn't see the tag, I'll ask @Breanna to chase it up for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36550 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

Ah yes, the non-intrusive move to 360: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-System-Updates-360/m-p/1598402/highlight/true#M39424

And Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

Typically O2, @Benwiddowson82 - I wonder if @Chris_K or @ColinO2 from O2 would care to offer an opinion and a way forward?

@Martin-O2 is there any guidance you can share?

Message 3 of 9

Benwiddowson82
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks both. 

Message 4 of 9

Benwiddowson82
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If Colin does respond, could you please clarify exactly what support is available as per the guidance.

• I can’t upgrade in a store as I’m now on a ‘new system’

We have taken a phased approach and we are working towards all our stores having the ability to handle new system queries. In the meantime, there are processes in place to support our customers so regardless of which store you visit, you’ll receive the support you need.

my local o2 store told me to ring customer services who told me to go into the store. The store even spoke to CS and between them they couldn’t resolve it. 

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I have to add @Benwiddowson82, there are multiple changes going on with O2 currently and I see NO contingency plans in place.

We have guides written by community members, most will need changing, we have no idea which guides. Oh just a word of advice. Don't request a new sim. O2 will turn your old one off before they have posted the new sim to you, leaving you with no service at all. Pretty clever really !!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Benwiddowson82
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the advice mate. 

Message 7 of 9

Breanna
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @Benwiddowson82 The team have got back and let us know that there is a process in place for stores to get in touch with the 360 team to complete the Switch Up process. 

I know it's not ideal since you've been to multiple stores already, but persisting with them will be the best way to get it done. 

Message 8 of 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36550 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

So who/how does the Customer tell the guy/gal behind the desk in the O2 Shop to call on the internal phone system, @Breanna?  "Please contact the 360 Helpdesk and ask for 'Switch Up Procedure'"?

I can see that being handled well by the store staff, tbh.

Message 9 of 9