Did you mean: 

Manager Callback??

Jlycett95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I pre-ordered and upgraded my two devices for the iPhone 15 pro Max on the 15/09 when they were released for pre order. After placing the order, I noticed the delivery address on my order was wrong (the billing address was correct) I did live chat with o2 and they said they couldn’t amend it until the order was dispatched, weird but ok. 

on 21/09 I got an email to say phones had been dispatched. Ring o2 to change address, said they will do it when phone is out for delivery. Phone goes out for delivery on 22/09 and when I called o2 they said it’s too late as it’s out for delivery. Tried to talk to DPD but they couldn’t do anything about it. O2 advised to cancel the order and re-order so we did and now we have to wait 8 weeks for said phone due to sell out. 

Lodged a complaint on 22/09 about this as o2’s lack of awareness and incompetence to change delivery address cost us our order. I’ve called o2 each day since 22/09 and they all say the same thing ‘we’ve escalated it to the manager’ no manager has called me yet. 

is this the norm? Does the manager work nights or something? I’ve complained via resolver already. 

Totally disgusting service: called today and both agents put phone down on me when they realised they couldn’t help. I found it unbelievable that there isn’t someone superior on the phones available to take calls. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6615 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

We will get a manager to call you is a typical get you off the line tactic by Customer Services. I rarely hear of outbound calls being made by O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

In all honesty you are very unlikely to receive a call from anyone at O2

They don't seem to make outgoing calls no matter whatever an adviser tells you 

Most of the time it is a ploy to get you off the phone

We used to pass requests on to our manager when I worked there but things have changed and are much worse these days

You need to keep on at customer service and the sales department until they fix the problem

give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 3 of 5

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

We will get a manager to call you is a typical get you off the line tactic by Customer Services. I rarely hear of outbound calls being made by O2

@Jlycett95 Never heard of a call back, text back anything doesn't help you though. 

To be kind to customer service even if they would like to calI I would imagine no time available.

@Enlli has said. 

Advice?

I try to put myself in c.s. shoes.  If the address is written down on their system for them to send to. What power have they got to take instructions  over the phone? Probably none.  So many scams etc. If it went wrong c.s. person could be in serious trouble with dismissal possibly. And customer would have huge problems.

DPD imagine if they took instructions to change address?  From an o2 instruction   wow.  

Unfortunately it hasn't worked out and on top of that phone out of stock.

Very upsetting but not the end of the world.

Make sure all your details are in perfect order before ordering then all would work , possibly😂  

Hope all works out good for you soon. Take it 😎 

Best wishes 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5744 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Jlycett95 

> After placing the order, I noticed the delivery address on my order was wrong

How did an incorrect delivery address appear on your order ? 

When you pursue your complaint, that is a question that someone is likely to need answering. Did you fill in the delivery address or did the system auto-complete it ?  

I agree that subsequent developments have been unsatisfactory. Was the handset eventually delivered somewhere, returned to O2 by DPD or do you not know ?  

Message 5 of 5