cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to listen to fm radio on my micosoft lumia 550?

RM19894
Level 1: Joiner
  • 37 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi

I been trying to listen to fm radio on my Microsoft Lumia 550.

I brought the phone last year April, and was able to listen to fm radio. I haven't use the fm radio since last year, and completely forgot how I use to get access to the fm radio.

I assume the fm radio was on the all setting screen. When I checked, the fm radio option isn't there.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
If you have updated to Win10 the FM Radio app has been deleted. Microsoft didn't include it in Win10 I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
If you have updated to Win10 the FM Radio app has been deleted. Microsoft didn't include it in Win10 I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Just a thought - have a look on app store to see if there is an FM Radio app on there - if so, it should work with the 550
http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-confirms-fm-radio-app-removal-windows-10-mobile

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
FM radio is an app now, so is most parts of the wm10 os. It means they can update "apps" rather than pushing out a full os update, like the had to on wp7/8
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 7

RM19894
  • 37 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I downloaded FM radio app from Store and it seems to be working fine.

There is a remove ad option for £1.29, I think I opt to keep ad to avoid the £1.29 charge.

I think it's £1.29, not too sure, don't have internet access on my phone to check the charge. I will find out how much when I get home.

I am concerned that I will be charge £1.29? I don't think O2 or Microsoft have my bank detail, but I am not sure. I think I might of paid for phone by card. I am at work, and will find out later by looking at my receipt.

I had to download window secret option, which I think was free. Does anyone know what it's for?

Thanks

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
You won't be charged for the free app and you will have to enter card details to pay for anything.
You also get emailed a receipt for any purchases too so you can keep a track.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
there is also a free default app available for lumia phones. Eitherway as @MI5 said, unless you either select charge to mobile (you'd get a confirmation text) or add a card, you wont be charged.

BTW, just a side note. If you upload music to your onedrive account (in a folder called music) the free groove app will allow you to stream everything in that folder to your phone, you can set up play lists etc. Just ignore the random requests for you to upgrade to the pro version.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 7