cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spent many hours over 3 days before easter trying to upgrade.  I was told I had to pay £50  early upgrade fee because it was too early.....I was okay with this but when I tried to do this online the system crashed so I paid by debit card over the phone instead....I was promised my new phone on tuesday ..........then wednesday ...........then thursday ............and then it will be next tuesday now after easter......I had very rude customer service advisors I was told that it was not their problem they had taken two lots of £50 and that I should contact my bank and try to get it back and i even had the phone hung up on me at one point..............I went to the O2 shop in fareham in the end in despairation to get a phone as with a disabled son I could not be without my phone and the staff in the shop were also unhelpful................I had been a good and loyal customer and I think I was treated very badly

I went in then end to another phone shop and took out a new contract with another supplierand got a phone immediately and your customer services to them to tell me to reject the phone when it eventually arrived, which I did

I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY OVERPAYMENT OF £50 from 23/03/16

But you continue to send me reminders to pay my bill ????????????????????which is now £20 ?????????????????????????????????????????/

I

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23211 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Anonymous We are all customers here. We've seen these problems before, but all I can suggest is that you persevere with customer service, and hope that when you call you get someone who will take charge of the problem. If you have taken an account with a different provider, you need to ensure that your O2 contract is cancelled. If you don't tie up the loose ends they will come back to haunt you in the form of a bad credit rating. Don't try to sort this out using Live Chat. If you cannot get this resolved with customer service, you need to file a formal complaint. http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous This is a customer to customer forum so no one from O2 will see your post here

You may wish to make an official complaint via this link

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@Bambino Apologies. You know how slow I type....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 145011 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

I suggest you ask O2 for your PAC to move your number to your new network.
This will ensure that your O2 contract is cancelled as soon as you use the code.

It would seem, from what you've said, that your O2 contract is still running so you will continue to be billed until it's cancelled.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have made sure my account is cancelled and have had my number transferred to my new provider but I want one of the £50 payments back I am so fed up with it now
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 145011 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
When did you return the new phone?
It can take a week or so for it to be cancelled and then another 14 days for the refund to be processed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

I am sure you do...you can either use the complaint link given or this form (which is generally used to recoup balance after final bill) It may help https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=34

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23211 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

We understand your anger and frustration, but unfortunately, you still need to go through customer service to get your refund.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 9