cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking news!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

now this is very very interesting!!! 

With Vodafone pulling out of P4U in Feb 2015 yet again, this leaves P4U with only one network and that is EE after o2 and Three parted ways, so what does this mean for the giant High Street Indipendant that we all know and love for the Scary Mary advert and the ridiculas cashback deals and freebies that they used to throw at us for going to them rather then CPW??

BT are looking at geting their highstreet presence back with the merge of EE and BT will thejy still trade as P4U with the buy out?? will they closedown and lose a number of stores?? who knows what the future will hold for the giants, howver full story in link below

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/news-list/news/industry/30618/bt-tipped-to-make-phones-4u-purchase.aspx

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
How would you foresee this possibility helping / harming the brand jay ?
Message 2 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

in what respect @Anonymous 

Message 3 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you think any takeover could cause closure of stores etc

I'm trying to find out from you what your statement of "now this is very very interesting" means. slight_smile
Message 4 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is interesting with the fact that Voda has pulled out of P4U again! leaving P4u with only EE as their only network brand to sell... 

plus Caudwell group selling up, i used to work for P4U when they first started trading and they was the people to goto, so this is interesting to see one of the biggest indipendents selling out!

Message 5 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah right.

Now you've added that I can see how it interests you personally too.
Message 6 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

If this does indeed go through then it's the public that are left with restricted choice of retailer. Independents (whether good or bad) do give you the option of finding a better deal than the networks offer.

Message 7 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

P4U have always been very competitive and have always had excelent promo's such as getting a handset free when  the Network still charges if you go to them direct, or contract buyouts as well as cashback, i remeber getting £250 cash in my hand just for getting a new contract along with 6 months H/P line rental when i switched from t-mobile to vodaphone, you dont see those deals in EE shipe windows or o2 shop windows 😞 

Message 8 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I expect to meet and greeted in any store i visit.

Unfortunately my experience with P4U stores is that they hound you after that initial contact.
Message 9 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

they are sales consultants and they dont want to lose you to the humdrum EE's or CPW's when i worked for them its what was bred into us to be smart and sell you in direct comp with 6 other high street stores, you have a mouth to feed bills to pay the weekend comming up!!! wink 

Message 10 of 30