Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking my son's mobile

CMDUP66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know this is an old issue. Sure I must be able to block my 16 year old son's mobile. His Virgin internet connection has been blocked (individual device). Now he's using his mobile's data (hotspot) to access the internet. 

Any advice. Thanks. 

Martin.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36361 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

If he's PAYG, not topping-up will kill his data.

If he's Contract on Refresh, flexing down https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/flexible-tariffs his tariff to one with less or near no data will make tethering a useless exercise.

Guide: O2 Age restriction can be activated, but that only blocks Adult sites, not all wites.

Good luck, @CMDUP66.

Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23177 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@CMDUP66 You can put a spend cap on his number: Spend Cap | Account and Billing | Help & Support | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

CMDUP66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, appreciate it. Does this mean when i lower the tariff, I'm still paying the same amount per month?

Message 4 of 9

CMDUP66
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks. Spend cap is zero.

Message 5 of 9

CMDUP66
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My son has 250GB of data. It only shows recommendations which doesn't help at all.

Message 6 of 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36361 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@CMDUP66 wrote:

Thanks, appreciate it. Does this mean when i lower the tariff, I'm still paying the same amount per month?

If you reduce the data, you should reduce the cost - unless you got a deal where the data was double or tripled, in which case you may find the loss of deal benefits actually puts your price up a little depending on what data volume you flex down to, @CMDUP66 

It is possible you may need to contact O2 Customer Services on either 202 or Social Media (link just below this post) to get the lower data tariff applied, depending on whether you are on the legacy billing system or the newer 360 system at the back-end: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-System-Updates-360/m-p/1598402/highlight/true#M39424

All the Q&As about moving up or down once in a billing cycle is in this link, about half-way down the page: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/offers-explained

Good luck!

Message 7 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12126 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

Report his sim lost (not his phone) and that will cut his current sim card off - but this would be for calls and texts as well, not just data...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 9

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Were you able to use one of these solutions to get this sorted @CMDUP66?

Message 9 of 9