cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months and still no resolution

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a customer for years, spent thousands and now I've had enough.

My account was charged with £36 of charges from an unrecognised source so I contacted O2 thinking it would be simple. but no, its been 2 months and theres still nothing to show for it.

Ive been lied to, told it was my fault, misled and been hung up on.

Now all I want is to end my contracts and go to a phone operator who actually values their customers.

So far I've been told it would take 5 days three times, Frankly O2 have been the most unpleasant company I've ever had to deal with.

I wanted to block my phones from premium content. I was told that It could be done over the phone and the O2 app would show it. Lie 1

I was told I would recive emails confirming o2s actions, never happend.

I was told I'd get a refund.. Lie 2

I was told that I must of authorised it as it was charged to my account. 

Now all I want is my contract cancelled.

I will never return to O2, they could offer free contracts and solid gold phones and I;d still go with EE or Vodafone or 3 or 3 tin cans attached wth string. All are preferable to O2s customer contempt, sorry, 'service'

Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous,

Please feel free to send a PM to me where I'll ask form some details to see what we can do for you slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 71 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I've had a reply from the O2.

No apology just an appreciation of poor customer service. (very corporate, never admit your wrong just acknowledge that I'm unhappy)

The details of my complaint that were in the letter were wrong and it basically said it was my fault.

And of course that the decision was final. No contact to check the details with me beforehand. 

So its taken all of this, hours on the phone, 3 months of my time and being lied to and given the runaround so I have had to fight and fight just to get a snooty letter with incorrect details and a refund. 

I WASNT EVEN AFTER A REFUND! I WANTED MY CONTRACTS CANCELLED

Originally all I wanted was for customer services to listen to me and to put a block on my account for premium content. Thats it! thats all I wanted. I didnt want money from from O2 although a refund would have been nice. Even if I didnt get a refund I would still be ordering my new phone in a couple of months from O2. 

But due to the lie and the wasted time I wanted to get out, I wanted to go to a company who listened to what customers had to say. Who cared enough not to lie.

So I thought that a refund of the excess charges and a release from my contract as I was very unhappy was reasonable. 

Not according to O2. Not only have they only done what they should've done 3 months ago. I.E. put a block on premium content. but they still got the details wrong, the amount wrong (they refunded too much!) and no apology for my wasted time and the stress. Plus they word it in such a way its basically telling me I'm lucky to get this!

This really is the most disgusting company I've ever had to deal with. I feel sorry for anyone who has a problem while at O2 as dealing with them is a truly terrible experience,

Message 72 of 89

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144386 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Hear hear!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 73 of 89

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Not a good experience at all @Anonymous....though very enlightening and not in a good way...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 74 of 89

MI5
  • 144386 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Exactly the same way they are treating my complaint so I'm not surprised at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 75 of 89

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I can detect that putrid odour given off by a legal department

phew

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 76 of 89

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

They never admit to failings of the company but if you have a refund and a premium block then it's something. It doesn't leave a good taste though does it....

Message 77 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable
It doesn't!
The reason I originally chose o2 was because I thought the customer service was supposed to be better than the others.

I don't really care if my bill is a few pounds a month more. As long as when I have a problem its fixed or at least be honest with me if it can't be fixed.

If a company treats me like o2 have I would expect them to hold their hands up, be decent and honest and say "look we failed you and we are sorry"
Unfortunately o2 decided to go with the "here's a couple of quid now shut up and keep paying us"

O2 weren't even interested in talking to me or asking any questions. They just told me what happened. And threw me a couple of quid.
I find that very insulting
Message 78 of 89

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

A few years ago, o2 customer service was second to none. Unfortunately it's so obviously clear that these days there is nothing to distinguish them from the rest of a poor bunch. Sometimes it's better the devil you know. Customer service is wonderful until you have a problem,  only then can you really judge. In your case you have found them sadly lacking.

Message 79 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im not sure who to go with next. Obviously o2 and Vodafone are out of the question.
Maybe EE? I did have a contract with them about 8 years ago (well it was orange back then) for 12 months. In between o2 contracts (I've been an O2 or cellnet customer for about 17 of the last 20 or so years) my missus has been a customer for about the same amount of time. So we have about 30-35 years worth of contract time with o2 or its predecessors between us.
Hence the massive disappointment in o2 the one time I actually needed them to stand up and prove their worth.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Message 80 of 89