Did you mean: 

No Network Coverage on Business Sim

flydocsDanny
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I received a work phone and business sim when I started with a new employer in December. For a few days the phone worked fine and then the signal disappeared and I could not longer use Whatsapp or make calls or text messages.

I advised my employer as well as running through the typical troubleshooting options like resetting the network settings and rebooting the phone. I received a new sim card and it again worked for a few days before reverting back to no signal. 

The network coverage is fine in my area (Newcastle) and it was the same when I travelled to Manchester for meetings in January, so doesn't sound location based. 

I have tried my personal Vodafone sim in the phone and it works fine, with a strong 5g signal, so the evidence suggests the phone is fine too so could be something at O2's side? A colleague also has the same issue with their work phone and they're Bristol based, so all in all it's something O2 related or an issue with my employers account. 

I have again advised my employer but they didn't receive any further help from O2 and having lost patience I tried calling O2 myself this morning, having entered the details twice due to their platform migration I was then put through to an agent who couldn't have been less helpful and said the employer name was not a match, so pretty useless. 

Has anybody else had this issue or even had a resolution? Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Unfortunately you (or someone at your company) will need to keep trying the business customer services @flydocsDanny as it sounds like there is an issue with the account given both you and someone else are having the same problems.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Unfortunately you (or someone at your company) will need to keep trying the business customer services @flydocsDanny as it sounds like there is an issue with the account given both you and someone else are having the same problems.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@flydocsDanny 

Your employer needs to persevere with O2.

8002 for customer services or guide here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

flydocsDanny
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @gmarkj. They're on the case but thought I'd try a post in here on the off chance it was a well known issue with an easy fix. Thanks again. 

Message 4 of 5

flydocsDanny
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've let them know, thank you @MI5!

Message 5 of 5