cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Swap not succeed after 24 hrs

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to swap to a micro sim card yesterday afternoon 4pm. My old sim card died later last night. But my new sim card is still not working yet. My number has not been recognized for over 12 hrs. Is this due to the net work problem? Has any body else is experiencing  the same problem?

Message 1 of 139
138 REPLIES 138

Anonymous
Not applicable
What? Another 24-48hrs?
O2 is a joke.
Btw, even you want to cancel your contract, you need to get your number back first.
Message 51 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

Terrible service, I've been waiting since Friday 12th to be connected. Having had a business account for well in excess of ten years. I will be moving my business account if my phone isn't activated today. Not impressed at all!

Message 52 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

I've just received the following information from the teams working on the issue:

"We’re aware it’s taking longer than usual for SIMs to be provisioned for some customers. We’re clearing these through as fast as we can and sorry!"

So, they're working on it as fast as they can to clear the backlog. As soon as there's more information, I'll update you here. 

Really sorry for any inconvenience caused,
Leonard
Message 53 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

Praise be, I have some network coverage. No 3G but I can now make calls.

Message 54 of 139

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Praise be, I have some network coverage. No 3G but I can now make calls.

Progress:smileyhappy:

Message 55 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, we're getting there slowly tongue

Message 56 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have been waiting nearly 2 days for a sim transfer. they closed down the old sim but the new one is still not working. Everytime I speak to O2 they just tell me they have fixed it and it will come on in a few hours. any ideas on what I can do to have a working phone?  thanks

Message 57 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke to a 'guru' and they said that everyone will be back up and running today and will kick in automatically...not holding my breath (also been waiting since Friday)

Message 58 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just restarted my phone (maybe the 100th time??) and I now have some bars with O2-UK displayed at the top left rather than the previous No Service.

Doesn't look like I can receive calls or use 3G yet, but an improvement I guess??

Ok, so it seems mine is the same, can make calls, can send texts, but when someone rings me the number still isn't recognised, and I have no 3G.

How can I make calls, and it comes up with my number no problem, yet when they ring me it doesn't recognise the number?

Message 59 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the guru's have said similar things to me although all the ones i've spoken to have told me I have to turn my phone off and then on again to see if i have service.  Have written a formal complaint to O2 online they take up to 10 days to come back to you!  Last contract i'll ever have with O2 the service is a disgrace. if they knew they had this problem they should have stopped people transferring their sims.

Message 60 of 139