cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xperia email app not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

The standard email app i use for my pop3 email has stopped working today, I just get the "could not open connection to server message" , ive tried to re-set up the mail address but its the same, my email works fine on pc, all other internet / apps on phone work fine. ( android 4.3 )

any help appreciated

thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Virgin are switching servers at the moment so android integration is a bit hit and miss, however, you should check and make sure you are using virginmedia.com in place of ntlworld.com in the imap and smtp setting fields.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't like the stock version so used K-9 and it's really nice.

Who's your e mail client.

Normally shutting the app down and re starting helps and what you have already done by deleting the email settings and re entering them.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

cheers ill have a go with k9, its a .ntlworld.com address by the way..

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Virgin are switching servers at the moment so android integration is a bit hit and miss, however, you should check and make sure you are using virginmedia.com in place of ntlworld.com in the imap and smtp setting fields.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope all goes ok for you.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
It'll be fine once the switch over completes in due course.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7